Basketball
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Basketball

Basketball

I know next to nothing about basketball. My son landed a job with the Golden State Warriors recently that allows him tickets to all events at the stadium. He's a director of some sort. I guess the team made it to the finals, sorta like the world series in baseball. He's asked if I'd like to go to game 3 and 4 at their home venue in Oakland. *Games 1 and 2 will be at the competitor's stadium) I like spending time with him, so of course I said yes, but I don't know much about basketball other than playing HORSE back in high school. Any advice from those who know the sport what to pay attention to?
    The bear slayer!

My wife is the director of marketing for her company and gets free box seat tickets to both Mets baseball and Jets football games all the time. The games are all at least a 2 hour+ drive from home and to be honest, if I even wanted to watch them it is more comfortable from my couch in my living room. If I were you I would go to spend the time with your son and not have a care at all about the game you apparently have little interest in anyway.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

At least watch the first two games so you have an idea of what's going on. Then go to the games and enjoy the time together. It's not about basketball.
    Badgerflorida likes this.
    2017 XR650l
    2014 NC700X
    2005 ST-1300
    Wanted TW450

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Find out where the bathrooms are.
    admiral likes this.

That is a very impressive your son got a job like that I bet you are very proud. The warriors have been one of the best teams in basketball for the last 5 or so years. My advice would be go to spend time with your son and root for the warriors to win. Each game is about 2 and a half hours long. There will be plenty of energy in the stadium and should definitely be an experience. Have fun tickets to games like that few and far between.

You gotta go if for no other reason than to spend time with your son and see him at his work. I agree you should start watching the games. But just go and have fun. The world-class players are really something to see in person.

I’m a Milwaukee Bucks fan and I’m hoping we can make it to the finals to play your son’s team.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

Wear a GSW color if you own something, cheer when crowd cheers, don't put too much focus on the game, just enjoy the time with your son. My 2 cents. I like some sports, but NBA basketball is NOT one of them. I do however enjoy any time with my son and would put that all aside and just enjoy the time with him.
    Offroad:
    TW200 - The Goat
    KTM 300 - Orange Dragon
    ATVs

Onroad:
    Triumphs

Way too many past bikes and builds to list. I won't bore you. Questions? Just ask.
    =)

Bet on the Warriors. I think you will find the more you bet the more interesting the game will be.
    Sthrnromr and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Quote Originally Posted by elime View Post
    Bet on the Warriors. I think you will find the more you bet the more interesting the game will be.
    That angle will also work! I like it lol.
    elime likes this.
    Offroad:
    TW200 - The Goat
    KTM 300 - Orange Dragon
    ATVs

Onroad:
    Triumphs

Way too many past bikes and builds to list. I won't bore you. Questions? Just ask.
    =)

If they have cheerleaders and beer then that’s all you need to know. Except for the bathroom location which was already mentioned but you should put special emphasis on bathroom locations.
    Xracer and elime like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links