Anyone in Hudson Valley NY??
Close

Anyone in Hudson Valley NY??

Hi,

Anyone in Hudson Valley NY (like around Newburgh) that would allow me to ride on TW200? Looking to ride one before I make a purchase.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have a TW at the moment but am up by Monticello. Bucknutz is in Middletown but not sure if he has his TW running or not right now as he was doing some upgrading on it. He may even have one he will sell but you have to PM him on this. Member Gregor used to have a TW and lives in Montgomery but pretty sure he sold his and is on a bigger Suzuki adventure type bike now. I am sure there are others here in or near the Hudson Valley and also a few members just over the CT state line. If you are planning to buy a new one I would think the dealer should allow a test ride if you have your MC endorsement. From all that I am hearing the best area to buy a new TW seems to be out in central or west PA. Dealers here don't seem to be willing to deal much on TWs and by the time they add all of their BS fees the price goes through the roof and probably close to $5K out the door. There is one for sale now on CL that looks decent but a bit over priced IMO. That likely represents he bought it locally and paid dearly for it from the dealer.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

hi Garly,

Thanks for the info. No, the dealers around here will not let you ride one. I keep looking in CL for used one

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by orrsmills View Post
    hi Garly,

Thanks for the info. No, the dealers around here will not let you ride one. I keep looking in CL for used one
    Here is the only one I have seen here in quite a while. https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/...894421218.html

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I am kinda by Hudson Valley in Westchester County. About 55 miles from New Windsor, 45 to 60 minutes south of you. My TW is in NJ right now at a friends house who went with me on a riding and camping trip last week/weekend. But the plan is he is supposed to ride it into work tomorrow and I'm going to bring it home. As long as you have a MC license you are welcome to come by and take a ride, no problem. If you don't have a license figure just up & down my street.

That TW for sale in Pookeepsie BTW is very nice & extremely clean, at least in the picture. But about $600 to $900 too heavy in his asking price in my opinion. Then again there is no/are no other TW's for sale at all in our area right now so maybe the seller knows what he has? If you do come down to try-out mine you should make arrangements to go see it. You'd ironically be passing that way going home. Maybe fate?

There is also a Yamaha dealer in town where for $1600.00 more you could by a brand-new one, go figure.
    2008 Vespa 150"S" (Elec & Kick Start)
    2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
    2006 Yamaha TW200 (Elec & Kick Start)
    1995 BMW K75 (Elec Start)
    1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only)
    1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)
    1969 BMW r60/2, US Model (Kick Start Only)

I think if you hit the guy in Poughkeepsie with 25 crisp green Benjis you will be doing OK if it really is as clean as it looks. Stagewex bought his TW from me and it is a real nice bike.

GaryL

Hi, he wants too much for that 2002, I would just buy new. I missed out on a 2019 in CONN. 38 miles on it and guy would have taken $3400.

$3400 for a 2019, that's a steal/deal. However it sounds like the guy must have been disappointed in it which I suppose you don't want to mirror... good idea.
    2008 Vespa 150"S" (Elec & Kick Start)
    2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
    2006 Yamaha TW200 (Elec & Kick Start)
    1995 BMW K75 (Elec Start)
    1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only)
    1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)
    1969 BMW r60/2, US Model (Kick Start Only)

Sponosred Links