2020 Yamaha TW200 - Just a left over 2019 or ??? - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 2020 Yamaha TW200 - Just a left over 2019 or ???

Quote Originally Posted by KLRCris View Post
    Yamaha must have purchased a boat load of tan paint and plastic molding compound. The 2020 XT250 is tan again also.
    I do not think they care so much about these low dollar product lines so much. Low cost to keep going status quo. Especially with US market. Which is not all bad for us.
    elBuro likes this.
    2010 TW200 - The Goat
    Triumphs
    ATVs
    Way too many past bikes to list

Like Chevrolet's Suburban, which has been in production since 1933 with a brief interruption during WWII, Yamaha will likely keep rolling the TW out for some 86 years or so with only minor improvements. suburban. jpeg.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sthrnromr and TopPredator like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by KLRCris View Post
    Yamaha must have purchased a boat load of tan paint and plastic molding compound. The 2020 XT250 is tan again also.
    I honestly really really like the TAN. It certainly helped in my decision when buying. I am totally okay with it. Basically as long as they just keep making the bike, I'll be satisfied.
    Sthrnromr and orrsmills like this.
    2019 Yamaha TW200
    1973 Yamaha RD350

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tylermoney View Post
    I honestly really really like the TAN. It certainly helped in my decision when buying. I am totally okay with it. Basically as long as they just keep making the bike, I'll be satisfied.
    Agreed, I really like the tan also. Different color than most dualsports.

I'm mildly surprised by this. Euro 5 for motorcycles takes effect for the 2020 model year with requires EFI and onboard diagnostics/emissions monitoring. So to keep selling it, substantial updates would have to be made. Now, that doesn't govern North America, but my guess would be that either the TW gets an update for EVERYONE (they're not going make two substantially different versions of the same bike), or it would just disappear.

I poked around the European Yamaha website and the TW200 is nowhere to be found. The US Website has the TW and XT in this category and it's called "Adventure/Dual Sport". The Dual Sport was dropped from the Euro website, and so are the TW/XT.

My thought is that Yamaha will continue to sell it in NA as long as it's legal to, and that'll be the end of it. If they were interested in updating it, this seems like it would have been the time. Rather, they discontinued it where it's no longer legal to sell, which to me tells the tale they are not interested in investing the R&D to update the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZed1 View Post
    I'm mildly surprised by this. Euro 5 for motorcycles takes effect for the 2020 model year with requires EFI and onboard diagnostics/emissions monitoring. So to keep selling it, substantial updates would have to be made. Now, that doesn't govern North America, but my guess would be that either the TW gets an update for EVERYONE (they're not going make two substantially different versions of the same bike), or it would just disappear.

I poked around the European Yamaha website and the TW200 is nowhere to be found. The US Website has the TW and XT in this category and it's called "Adventure/Dual Sport". The Dual Sport was dropped from the Euro website, and so are the TW/XT.

My thought is that Yamaha will continue to sell it in NA as long as it's legal to, and that'll be the end of it. If they were interested in updating it, this seems like it would have been the time. Rather, they discontinued it where it's no longer legal to sell, which to me tells the tale they are not interested in investing the R&D to update the bike.
    That would also make sense as to why they haven't updated they color. They generally do that every other year from what I can tell, so not updating it for the 2020 might be a sign that they're winding down to discontinue the TW

Sad. Hopefully not.
    2019 Yamaha TW200
    1973 Yamaha RD350

Europe only gets (or got) the TW125, from 1999 to 2003/4

The TW225 was discontinued in 2007, having started off in 2002

The TW200 is primarily aimed at the USA, with a few units shifted over to Spain

https://translate.google.com/transla...TW&prev=search
    tylermoney and Sthrnromr like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Europe only gets (or got) the TW125, from 1999 to 2003/4

The TW225 was discontinued in 2007, having started off in 2002

The TW200 is primarily aimed at the USA, with a few units shifted over to Spain

https://translate.google.com/transla...TW&prev=search
    Japan got the TW200 and 225 didn't they? Not sure if they still do, but I thought they've had them for equally as long—with that said, I just checked the Japanese Yamaha site, and I don't see any TWs on there.
    2019 Yamaha TW200
    1973 Yamaha RD350

Ken
    Don't some of the other countries list them a agriculture bikes? Maybe they can still be sold as farm bikes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Don't some of the other countries list them a agriculture bikes? Maybe they can still be sold as farm bikes only.

So they can ride into their Mota fields...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links