Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By CF-FZD
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 2 Post By Vektor
  • 1 Post By Purple
  • 2 Post By GaryL

Thread: I bought a JDM TW200

I bought a JDM TW200

Iím new to TW ownership, I bought an 86í in February that turned out to need more work then I wanted to put into it. Iím going to give it to my nephew to get him addicted.
    8EF75C2A-5653-47E8-B022-F31925E26227.jpeg

E584DAFA-3EA1-4BED-9CAB-9CFC2D71FC21.jpeg5834FA00-04F5-42D2-BCDB-C1F91B4F1E4D.jpeg

Last week I picked up this gem a 1994 according to the VIN. The difficult part was getting a ownership for it. In Ontario (Canada) all you need is a vin number and you can find out who is the write full owner. They had no record of this bike, I checked with the provincial police they also have no record of it being registered for the road. I did all this before I gave the old farmer any money for it. The bike has 5600km on it I have a hard time believing it was only used around a farm and was still in good condition.

It took me about an hour to sort out the required paperwork; letter from a Yamaha dealer, bill of sale and notarized affidavit. Paid the sales tax and now itís legally in my name. I did some work on it and had it certified by a mechanic to get it plated for the road.

Are there many JDM TW200ís in Canada or the States? Is the headlight and plastic colors the only difference.

Nice bike bro, I like it!!
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Cool, makes me want to import a TW225.
    Peterb and Smitty Blackstone like this.
    Husqvarna 6440 - she may be old, but she still runs like a sewing machine.
    2006 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome aboard from North Bay Ontario.

The only differences are cosmetic, except that all years in Japan retain the kick start

Welcome to the mad house .....
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    The only differences are cosmetic, except that all years in Japan retain the kick start

Welcome to the mad house .....
    Good to hear that, I’m fortunate that mine are both old enough to have the kick start.

Should the electric start work when the bike is in gear with the clutch in? Mine won’t so it’s ether designed like that or the couch switch isn’t working.

I would say the clutch switch or that circuit has a fault in it. The design with the clutch switch is in case you stall going up a hill you can re start with the bike in gear and pushing the button. It deactivates or overrides the neutral switch circuit that would normally not allow the engine to start while in gear.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Sponosred Links