Who rides frequently with a passenger? What provisions do you use for 2-up riding? - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Who rides frequently with a passenger? What provisions do you use for 2-up riding?

My wife has ridden on the back of my TW in national parks and in the hills around our home. We’ve ridden as many as 128 miles in one day. To make if difficult for her to fall off the back, I installed a rack and strapped on a soft tool bag, with tools that are wrapped in rags. She prefers the Road King and even the Dyna, but they don’t fit in the back of my pickup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RDW
    Quote Originally Posted by bcazko View Post
    Hi! Just bought my first bike/first TW as my commuter & main mode of transportation here in Chicago.

I ride pretty frequently with a passenger, and I'm curious what accommodations exist to make 2-up riding a little more enjoyable.

I'm also in the market for a rear rack and I'm wondering what racks besides Cycleracks (if any) can double as passenger grab bars.

Thanks!
    Happy riding
    I'm not sure anything can be done to make the TW more "enjoyable" when riding 2-up. I think the main problem is that it's just uncomfortable. When riding solo I stand up a lot but standing up with a passenger is basically putting your butt in their face. I do ride 2-up a lot with my girlfriend and don't stand up very often for that reason, but we usually keep the ride to about 3 hours or less (on the CB500 it's less of a problem). I do have a "Cyclerack" and can't comment about other racks.
    Darth likes this.
    2013 TW200---2007 XT225---2014 CB500X

I bought the Tusk rack and really like it. If you get the tusk, just be careful of cross threading exhaust bolt when installing. Instructions warn you about it and i had a little trouble with it but I do like the rack. A little cheaper then cycle rack. Good quality imo.
    TTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponosred Links