Who rides frequently with a passenger? What provisions do you use for 2-up riding?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Who rides frequently with a passenger? What provisions do you use for 2-up riding?

Who rides frequently with a passenger? What provisions do you use for 2-up riding?

Hi! Just bought my first bike/first TW as my commuter & main mode of transportation here in Chicago.

I ride pretty frequently with a passenger, and I'm curious what accommodations exist to make 2-up riding a little more enjoyable.

I'm also in the market for a rear rack and I'm wondering what racks besides Cycleracks (if any) can double as passenger grab bars.

Thanks!
    Happy riding

Welcome to the forum!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by bcazko View Post
    Hi! Just bought my first bike/first TW as my commuter & main mode of transportation here in Chicago.

I ride pretty frequently with a passenger, and I'm curious what accommodations exist to make 2-up riding a little more enjoyable.

I'm also in the market for a rear rack and I'm wondering what racks besides Cycleracks (if any) can double as passenger grab bars.

Thanks!
    Happy riding
    I ride with a passenger frequently on all 3 bikes. I find that a tank bag and a rear rack for carrying stuff is a must and we also have PackTalk headsets!
    We always carry rain gear, bottles of water and some snacks in case we need them
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker!
    05-BMW1200GS- Rock Red 106k miles
    2013-TW200 - 8k- miles
    2018 X-MAX - 4k- miles

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I've neglected to do it yet myself, but a stiffer rear spring would probably help a lot.
    grewen likes this.

2 up is the main reason I picked the tw200. It was the only bike my wife could get on by herself. I have ridden it with her on dirt roads in the NC mountains. It is perfect for that. We also ride paved roads on occasion. I have a cyclerack. Dont get the one with the hump! It makes putting stuff on the back a real pain. You have to find bags/boxes that can fit a limited space. Still have the death wing on the front. Shinko 241 is ready and waiting for installation. Love the tdub for 2 up ridinga
    2017 Apollo 250
    2018 Yamaha TW200
    1978 Suzuki DR370

the wife and i have rode many miles on the tw and the cyclerack worked great. with the bars for handles and a low topbox, she was pretty comfy. i will be picking up a new dr200 tommorrow and the cyclerack will be the first mod
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Check out this rack
    https://www.ebay.com/i/123720500890?chn=ps
    I have 1 on my TW. Seems pretty stout.
    I am actually looking for rear footpegs so I can get my wife on it.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

My girl and I do some exploring together on my TW. Mostly on paved roads, but often along the seasonal roads, and some fire roads and snowmobile trails. She's ok on the back except when I hop a log and don't tell her its coming, it kinda launches her .
    I don't have a rack, and usually she'll just grab my jacket, or my belt and hold on that way. Going down longer grades usually finds her sliding forward, and then I'm practically sitting on the tank, but we just adjust a lot more going down bumpy trails.
    My bike will do 65 with her on, and it doesn't seem to take much longer than when I'm alone on it, but we do end up banging helmets way more often than on the VStar.
    We have not made any accommodations for passenger riding because we really haven't seen a need for any yet. I'd say you two go for a few rides and decide what could be better afterwards.
    2009 TW200
    2000 V-Star Classic
    1986 HD Sportster (sold)
    1975 Yamaha DT125 (sold)

thanks everyone!

...make 2-up riding a little more enjoyable.?

Intercoms make riding double MUCH more enjoyable.
    The nicer units (Sena) allow you to talk over music in the background and the audio is amazing with the wind/ noise cancelling mics. You can also connect to Nav./gps, radar and phone.
    Callers are surprised when i tell them I’m riding, they don’t hear the wind or engine.

When teaching riding the intercoms really speed up the learning process, much less stressful with clear communication.
    And comms. will really be handy when you tire of riding double and get that 2nd tdub.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links