TW200 injuries - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: TW200 injuries

Interesting bruises often come with interesting stories. foot b.jpg
    Darth, Sthrnromr, admiral and 2 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I always think "what if I could have a little more power, or a couple more inches of suspension travel or?". But I never get to a good answer because more power and no better suspension will be an immediate issue.
    Plus too many changes and it wouldn't be a "TW". I have other dirt bikes for other kinds of riding so there is no need to change the TW too much other than comfort and controls, same thing to me.

But when I'm moving along faster than I should be I rarely think about what if there's something just ahead that will be too much for me and the TW.
    Until I'm laying there and thinking "what the hell were you doing, you're on the TW".

Last drop was a hard packed, off camber curve, with a foot deep rain groove, that the front tire got stuck in and low sided me before I could think.
    My forearm, elbow and shoulder were slammed and dragged across the dirt as a reminder that you really don't have immediate power to lift the front wheel over such obstacles.
    I've been on that trail a few times before and was not paying close enough attention to the recent rain channels on the trail.
    tylermoney likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Interesting bruises often come with interesting stories. foot b.jpg
    I crushed my foot last year riding with sneakers and it looked like that but no damage done. What was your injury and method of?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Riding in the Ouchita NF two weeks ago and went down on a slick spot. The handlebars turned all the way before I tried to go over them and got a good sized lump on my inner thigh from the end of the handlebar. It’s almost gone....

Quote Originally Posted by jstuewe View Post
    Riding in the Ouchita NF two weeks ago and went down on a slick spot. The handlebars turned all the way before I tried to go over them and got a good sized lump on my inner thigh from the end of the handlebar. It’s almost gone....
    You can make out the perfect handguard end impression in the picture from my 1st post. I feel your pain, literally.

Hmm. There was the time I washed out the front end on a grassy field track and somehow landed on my head. Neck hurt for about a year after that one. Another time I was climbing a hill and got stuck at the top and stalled with the skid plate hung up on a rock. My battery was weak and wouldn't start the bike, so an attempt to push it up the hill resulted in me slipping and falling down the hill with it. Luckily, a handy tree broke my fall and left a big red cherry under my armpit. First ride of the season on the dirt. That stung for a bit and the mark has faded, but still remains. Give me a few weeks and I'll have another.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyzgame View Post
    I crushed my foot last year riding with sneakers and it looked like that but no damage done. ...
    Riding in sneakers? Are you nuts? I wouldn't ride further than the outhouse at a campground 100 yds. away at 5 mph in running shoes.
    tombauer and grewen like this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Had lots of times when ive came close to serios injuries on my bike. All prevented by a full set armor. Its the cheapest health insurance you'll ever buy. It includes
    Helmet
    Helmet collar
    Chest torso armor.
    Elbow pads
    Gloves
    Knee and shin guards
    Real motorcycle boots.

Each of these items has saved me a visit to the er and a deatroyed body part.

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk
    Apolloha and Darth like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyTFS View Post
    Riding in sneakers? Are you nuts? I wouldn't ride further than the outhouse at a campground 100 yds. away at 5 mph in running shoes.
    but sneakers go good with shorts and a t top
    Mel, Apolloha and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Quote Originally Posted by grewen View Post
    but sneakers go good with shorts and a t top
    Dont stop at sneakers. Put on some sandals and throw care to the wind.

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk
    Apolloha likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links