May have to sell my bike - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: May have to sell my bike

I have found it very tought at times strength wise in most situations attempting off road enjoyment while on my TW. I was under going Chemo and radiation therapy through this past year and a half while dealing with lung cancer.

I refused to give up on myself and my family.

I put the TW away in storage, sold my 99 Suzuki 500 quadrunner with full time 4x4 ( as full time 4x4 makes for hard steering with the chemo casued weakness I was dealing with.)

I replaced it with a 05 low, mileage camo Yamaha Kodiak 450 quad with the options of 2 wheel drive (very easy to steer in this mode), 4 wheel drive, or 4wheel drive with front diff. locked in ( have not need the lock feature to date but it's nice to know it's there if needed ).

This quad is stable, not too big size and weight wise, and perhaps climbs off road and on trails better than my TW 200, while providing way more control, and stability. It has all the power I feel I'll ever need...

Besides all that, I don't have to constantly be looking down to see what is next in line for the front tire to challange.. Rather I sit back and ride the ride while at the same time looking around somewhat to enjoy the view....

I guess what I'm trying to get across is perhaps you might think a bit out side of the 2 wheel box and consider 4 of them instead.

As an update, thank's to the Portland Or. VA hospital, its great cancer doctors and nurses as well as a new FDA released immiono therapy designed for some patients having non-small cell lung cancer ( I was told I was the 3 veteran nationwide at that point to recieve it. )
    They have supplied me this new therapy for the past 12 months and am now only two infussions away from completion. I am now in total remission with no cancer evident and the only negative effect being the future permanent radiation caused scar tissue in the lung which will severly limit air intake for what ever time I'm given to enjoy.
    At this point all is great. I'm changing my lifestyle somewhat and going on with life.

I'm once again enjoying the TW, as well as the Kodiak and my new Harley.
    All of my grand kids are icing on the cake.

Hang in there and perhaps you too will be throwing your leg over a toy sooner than later also.

Gene aka: excalibur
    2010 TW 200 Dual Sport
    2017 Harley Softail Slim w/110 Cubic Inch Screamin' Eagle engine
    2005 Yamaha 450 Kodiak 4x4 Quad

Great News brother Gene!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
    I have found it very tought at times strength wise in most situations attempting off road enjoyment while on my TW. I was under going Chemo and radiation therapy through this past year and a half while dealing with lung cancer.

I refused to give up on myself and my family.

I put the TW away in storage, sold my 99 Suzuki 500 quadrunner with full time 4x4 ( as full time 4x4 makes for hard steering with the chemo casued weakness I was dealing with.)

I replaced it with a 05 low, mileage camo Yamaha Kodiak 450 quad with the options of 2 wheel drive (very easy to steer in this mode), 4 wheel drive, or 4wheel drive with front diff. locked in ( have not need the lock feature to date but it's nice to know it's there if needed ).

This quad is stable, not too big size and weight wise, and perhaps climbs off road and on trails better than my TW 200, while providing way more control, and stability. It has all the power I feel I'll ever need...

Besides all that, I don't have to constantly be looking down to see what is next in line for the front tire to challange.. Rather I sit back and ride the ride while at the same time looking around somewhat to enjoy the view....

I guess what I'm trying to get across is perhaps you might think a bit out side of the 2 wheel box and consider 4 of them instead.

As an update, thank's to the Portland Or. VA hospital, its great cancer doctors and nurses as well as a new FDA released immiono therapy designed for some patients having non-small cell lung cancer ( I was told I was the 3 veteran nationwide at that point to recieve it. )
    They have supplied me this new therapy for the past 12 months and am now only two infussions away from completion. I am now in total remission with no cancer evident and the only negative effect being the future permanent radiation caused scar tissue in the lung which will severly limit air intake for what ever time I'm given to enjoy.
    At this point all is great. I'm changing my lifestyle somewhat and going on with life.

I'm once again enjoying the TW, as well as the Kodiak and my new Harley.
    All of my grand kids are icing on the cake.

Hang in there and perhaps you too will be throwing your leg over a toy sooner than later also.

Gene aka: excalibur
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Glad you made it ...
    littletommy likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

do what you can and get well soon!
    littletommy likes this.

Gotta be adaptive. I often cannot ride or even turn a wrench thanks to a great combo of brain cancer and gnarly arthritis. But if I push, I can ride a bicycle. Riding bike keeps me in shape so that on the days I feel I can ride, the Chances that I really can are increased. I found a nice young man who wants to ride TW but needs a master tech to assist in learning how to keep these antiques running. I no longer have to sacrifice my hands or back. Gave him my whole quiver of steeds. I don’t have to turn a wrench no mo. Just go riding with the boy seeing as he’s got nice set up bikes now n takes care of em. He even has truck!
    Tonto
    Purple, Mel and littletommy like this.
    Tonto on the "Left Coast"
    1987 TW200 (2) 2015 BMW F700GS
    More Wagging and less Barking
    "Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think"
    Make Love not War

There are some strong souls on this forum
    littletommy and Purple like this.
    87 TW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponosred Links