Hello Everyone
Close

Thread: Hello Everyone

I am new to this forum and looking forward to buying a 1987-2001 TW 200. I live in Marne MI ( just west of Grand Rapids) and will travel a few hours to purchase one. I am quite mechanical, but new to bikes ( but have been learning fast lately). I have been following Craigslist daily. Any possible leads on bikes would be of great help. Thanks for any and all assistance in finding my first T Dub ...

Welcome to another Michigander. I did a quick search and here's an'08 with only 500 miles & lots of extras on it in Stevensville. http://swmi.craigsli...3594336961.html

Edit: Sorry, I didn't notice you were looking for an early one. This one is still a good deal tho.

I didn't see your double post either.

If you are looking for an early model because of the kick-starter, be aware that you can also buy a kick starter kit for about $200 and add the kick start on the later models as well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome, A TW will do you just fine. Old white truck is right about adding a kicker, the kit will be here next week for my '07 and I can't wait to get it installed.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

Quote Originally Posted by Tirebiter View Post
    Welcome to another Michigander. I did a quick search and here's an'08 with only 500 miles & lots of extras on it in Stevensville. http://swmi.craigsli...3594336961.html

Edit: Sorry, I didn't notice you were looking for an early one. This one is still a good deal tho.

I didn't see your double post either.

That's an incredible deal for an 08 in Michigan. I'd jump on that if I didn't already have one.

As far as TW's popping up in MI...it's a waiting game. You absolutely must check CL several times a day and when one pops up you have to be ready to jump on it immediately. I picked mine up after it had been on CL for a few hours. What's been on CL recently has been on there for months. I bet things will pick up in the spring.
    03 TW200 Moose handguards, F+R custom racks, Clarke TW tank, 15/50, RK o-ring and a bag for trips to the party store.

Volvo ABS module repair and exchange at Hidden Content

Should I say hello in both of your threads? Buttons should never be pushed more than once!
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Hi guys, Sorry about the delayed response to the many friendly welcoming comments. This is my first time interacting with a forum and I am what my be called keyboard challenged, if you know what I mean. Although I have all my mental and physical capabilities I have never learned to type very well.

I am semi-retired and have been an out of doors sportsman my whole life, but not so much motorsports, even though I am a car guy, with 50 years tool collecting and wrenching. The vogue for motorcycle and car building shows on cable TV ( which I think have kinda ran their course I am afraid) have kept me fixated for 10 years.

Tirebiter ,the cabin that I have a time share in, is just north of Morestown on Horseshoe Lake. The trails that I want to use to get a better knowledge of the area are in Garfield Township in southern Kalkaska Co. As you know it is hilly in places and pretty sandy up there. I have been on a very few of the ORV trails in a SUV and two tracks by car, but it makes you want to see more of the area.

I think two wheels would be the best way to explore, because bikes a allowed on all the trails where as ATVs and larger 4X4 are restricted to certain areas. That is my rational for the TW 200. I hope I will not be disappointed with a older T dub for this purpose. Because I am not sure how much I will use the bike up north, and I do not plan on riding it on many roads at home. I want to spend $1000 to $1500 tops. I am willing to do some work on one, and this site will be a great help. Yes, I know I will have a hard time accomplishing this, but I do have the desire and time to continuously look on and off line. Again thanks for the helpful and friendly replies, in the future I will be more short winded

Sponosred Links