Butt Dyno and other impressions
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Butt Dyno and other impressions

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar

Butt Dyno and other impressions

The Pro Cycle jet kit is the best jet kit in the world. Anyone with a TW should re jet with the Procycle jet kit. Nobody should buy any other jet kit than the Procycle jet kit. The needle and 130 jet without any need to shim gives me that feeling of easily 14 h.p.. Maybe 15. Seriously. Starts and idles and leaves with no warm up or no questions asked.

The Pro Cycle white spring is the best spring in the world. Anyone with a TW should put on the Procycle white spring. Nobody should buy any other spring except Procycle white spring. It raises the seat about an inch. No big deal.

Drilled out the Welch plug and took the pilot screw a bit more than 2.5 turns back. On the butt dyno it feels a bit more responsive especially on low end and mid range.

Replaced the JIS screws on the carb with stainless socket heads. Bike does not go any faster, but anytime you can replace a jis with a stainless socket head just do it...the bike will feel faster.

Replaced the stock pipe with DG slip on. I would complain about the loud noise if I was riding to my own gender reveal. Think of turning the radio from Culture Club to The Rolling Stones. The DG slip on is the best pipe in the world. Anyone with a TW should put a DG slip on on their TW. Nobody should buy any other slip on exhaust except the DG slip on. If anyone complains about the noise they should be referred to Clarke Racing and ask them to make a pink tank for their bike. I rode about 200 miles so far. When I pull over for make up, I will get ear protection. I do not want to labeled as insensitive. If I ever ride two up with Caitlyn Jenner I will put the factory exhaust back on.

The Pro Cycle fork springs are the best fork springs in the world. Anyone with a TW should improve their forks with the Procycle springs. Kit is insanely complete and just about installs itself. Nobody should buy any fork springs than the Procycle fork spring kit.

The R&D Racing Flex Jet is the flex jet in the world. Anyone with a TW should get the R&D Racing Flex Jet. Nobody should buy any other flex jet than the R & D Racing flex jet.
    Last edited by Michael Bryce Winnick; 06-16-2019 at 05:07 PM.
    Sthrnromr, Darth, admiral and 2 others like this.

That was just one of the best recommendations in the world. Nobody should read any other "butt dyno and other impressions".
    Sthrnromr, Darth, Rider21 and 1 others like this.
    2017 Apollo 250
    2018 Yamaha TW200
    1978 Suzuki DR370

🤣
    2001 TW

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Mr. Winnick...you Sir, are a hoot!
    Maybe a hoot and a half!
    Nah, just a hoot...don't wanta overdo it.

I could recommend only two other things:
    A RaceTech Cartridge Emulator kit, and
    Get rid of that pussy DG pipe and get the real deal, the manly FMF Powercore.
    Not the DG "Boy George" Special...you need a good spanking!
    elBuro, jbfla and Rider21 like this.
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    Mr. Winnick...you Sir, are a hoot!
    Maybe a hoot and a half!
    Nah, just a hoot...don't wanta overdo it.

I could recommend only two other things:
    A RaceTech Cartridge Emulator kit, and
    Get rid of that pussy DG pipe and get the real deal, the manly FMF Powercore.
    Not the DG "Boy George" Special...you need a good spanking!
    FMF vs DG comment ? Sarcasm or ?

Inquiring minds want to know...
    2006 TW200 CA version

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    FMF v DG to me was very hard to distinguish. I thought the DG pipe was a deeper tone or at least more to my liking and I went with it. I don't think anything ups the horsepower on a TW, but I got a small bump in torque on the butt dyno.. The DG was $269.00 from Dennis Kirk. So many people on this forum talk about the noise like it is deafening. I swear I do not get it. The sound is addictive. Stock exhaust always sounds like your mom calling you in for dinner no matter what it is on unless it is a Harley. On a Harley it is sounds like someone else's mom calling you in for dinner after you have already ate. (I ride an '03 Springer Soft Tail also-carbed-special order). The FMF was less expensive making it a good deal if you prefer it. I want to run my new springs on the trails before deciding if I need the emulators. I am just tired of bottoming out. I want to spend the rest of my season on the road or trails. In the U.P. the season is short and I have three bikes that need miles. I have to do my iron butt for the season. Whatever I buy from today forward will be put on next season. Probably the emulator kit and an oem chain. I carry a few master links in my tank bag for the oem chain and hate the idea of wasting money. I will get an after market chain after I use up my master links.. My factory chain will see about 5,000 miles and probably give up the ghost. The snails can be so unkind. I wish I could get a couple of full rotations out of them. Every time I do my maintenance I am doing a drumroll with my rubber hammer. One day my rear tire is going to be six inches behind the rest of the bike and the rear brake will be disconnected. Adjusting the chain is like a grease monkey's diary. I do not know how some of the guys on this site keep their oem chains for so long. Good news is my sprockets are like new.

Seriously- I did not think the FMF brought anything to the table other than the same volume with a different tone. I rode with a guy who has an XT 550 which is just a bigger louder bike no matter what. He told me that if he had to do it again he would get the DG instead of the FMF. It is probably just a matter of choice. His bike sounds great with he FMF.
    Last edited by Michael Bryce Winnick; 06-17-2019 at 05:12 AM.
    Darth likes this.

"The Pro Cycle jet kit is the best jet kit in the world. Anyone with a TW should re jet with the Procycle jet kit. Nobody should buy any other jet kit than the Procycle jet kit." .......this is as far as i read, because i really, really want something different!!
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Quote Originally Posted by elBuro View Post
    FMF vs DG comment ? Sarcasm or ?

Inquiring minds want to know...
    Nah, I have no prob with DG...I just wanted to yank Mike's chain a bit to see his reply!

Here is my suggestion, having the FMF, but never had a DG:
    I could have gone either way.

When I got my FMF, the previous model DG they were selling then was so crappy & cheap looking, it looked like it had been made in a Chinese reform school tin-shop.
    All the retailers had them for ~ the same price.
    The FMF looked better. And they are a major racing supporter. I like to support racing supporters.
    The DG was a bit harsher & louder.
    The FMF was a bit mellower & quieter.
    Both louder than stock...and do not sound like Aunt Mildred's Singer sewing machine.
    Both are a bit too loud for my taste...and I love loud pipes, mellow ones!
    Both are lighter than the OE muff. That's important to me...my bike is on a major weight loss program, 21 lbs. so for. 4.5 of that savings was from the FMF.

Doing it over again, I would probably still go with the FMF.
    But first, I'd like to see/hear the new DG.

As you see, IMHO it's a virtual coin-toss.
    I'd suggest you price shop, get a good look at both and try to get a listen.
    Or flip a coin...I think it's that close. Both should return virtually the same benefits...a slight TQ increase, a slightly better throttle response & "feel", better "tunes", a nice weight loss and a boosted "cool factor" (a bit more for the FMF).

And pay no attention to anything Mike says...he has 6 ticket stubs from Boy George concerts glued to his bedroom wall over an autographed Tiny Tim poster.

His hero:
    TheFunkyMonkey likes this.
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

I got my DG and silencer for 160 bux. So yeah it's the best lol.
    2001 TW

If you really really believe everything you listed is the best money can buy then your butt dyno results will be overwhelmingly positive.

Or maybe you own ProCycle?
    Last edited by elime; 06-17-2019 at 03:08 PM.
    rurlndum likes this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links