Less is more
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Less is more

Hi all,

I've been wanting a TW for a long time now. It started sometime last year, how it started I don't really know. I have a Kawasaki ZRX1200 which satisfies me for the most part, but somehow I started to feel like the big Kawi was too big and precious to me for just banging around town on. Also I've been having an itch to get back into dirt riding. I've haven't rode in the dirt since sometime in the late 80's- so I started looking at dual-sports; KLRs, XTs, DRs, etc. The TW just kept clicking in my head as something I would enjoy. The first motorcycle I ever rode was my cousin's '79 DT100 which started the whole thing many years ago- I guess I should thank him sometime.

Long story short- I told my wife I bought another bike and she shook her head and smiled. She knows me well. I picked up a new 2013 TW200 yesterday- froze my butt riding it home but there was one point where I was laughing inside my helmet. The only thing that took getting used to was the braking, which is VERY different- I just felt that they should be better.

Usually I buy used bikes- I don't know why I had to have a new TW, hold on.. I had to peek at it again.

Anyways- mods and farkles should come soon enough- glad to be here.

Best/Bill
    -Bill

Kawi ZRX1200
    Yamaha TW Two Hundirt

Buying a bike on a winter day is the sign of an optimist. The one and only disadvantege of TW is the heater. I've never been able to get it to put heat anywhere besides my angle. I ride in the winter anyway. Welcome and enjoy the ride. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Welcome to "The Club". I picked up my second TW last week. Be careful, it becomes an addiction. I do have a problem thou. I haven't figured it out how to ride both at the same time. One always seems to feel neglected when I take one for a ride. BTW, I don't quite understand the hesitations riding in the winter, I ride everyday. Just checked and it was 81 and sunny!!!

Again, welcome and enjoy the ride.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys-

It's 38F and rainy here this morning- although I have the gear I think I will wait till tomorrow when it's supposed to be a balmy 42F and dry-er.
    -Bill

Kawi ZRX1200
    Yamaha TW Two Hundirt

congrats and welcome to the club.
    2006 tw200

Hell yeah!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by billmags View Post
    Thanks guys-

It's 38F and rainy here this morning- although I have the gear I think I will wait till tomorrow when it's supposed to be a balmy 42F and dry-er.

38F and raining is a piece of cake unless it is on roads of packed down snow and ice, which happens here. The result is water on ice which can be a challenge. rw

Congrats. Layer up and ride. It snowed here everyday this week but not a lot in the way of accumulation. I rode every day to work no problem.

I agree completely. Sometimes less is more.
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

CONGRATS! have fun there great little bikes.
    ALEX-

My Current Rides:

DIRT:
    2013 yz450F (race bike)
    2011 Yz450F (practice bike)
    2008 Yz250F (full mod)
    2005 TTR125 (full mod Gf's bike)

Street:
    2009 DRZ400SM (full mod)
    2009 qlink XF200 (sumo build)
    2007 SDG 140cc big bore (supermoto)
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Monteer View Post
    CONGRATS! have fun there great little bikes.

Thanks, I did layer up today and put about 50 miles on the TW today- lots of fun. I like the looks and smiles from folks I get when riding it, some think I'm nuts for riding in the cold -others wish they were riding.
    -Bill

Kawi ZRX1200
    Yamaha TW Two Hundirt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links