TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Attention new members (and some old ones) ....

45K views 174 replies 81 participants last post by  Coloradogoose 
#1 ·
The following is aimed at new members – but some of the older ones could do worse than read this “sticky” – and it comes in the form of a “request” …..

Please update your profile to reflect your location, and your signature line to tell everyone what kind of TW you have

It will save lots of questions, such as “what year do you have, how many miles on it, where do you ride” etc – and even if you’ve added just a mod to your bike, the same questions apply

Introducing yourself and your bike is always welcomed, but after you have a dozen posts or so, we either end up going through all of your posts trying to suss this out, ask the inevitable, or just shrug and move on

This is one of the most “inclusive” boards on the net – and it achieves that by sharing information

So, please – take a couple of minutes to update your profile and your signature ……

#136 ·
I like it, though I am a huge fan of vintage aircraft especially with a military flavor including CIV aircraft converted for MIL use. Yours def looks good in the pics. Clean with classic lines.

Reactions: Snow Fox
#137 ·
Old dude here,just got an 04 TW trying to get it sorted out. seems like the older i get the smaller my bikes get.fun little bike so far altho I probley spent more time working on it than riding. Enjoying the forum so far ,have learned alot about the TW in a short while.Have two other bikes a 05 KLR688 that i have put over 87K on and a 2019 CRF250L with 10K on it.Bought the TW mostly to haul on the back of chevy van ,as it is a lot easey to load and unload off the hitch rack.Can't wait to take it to the Ozarks camp and ride,I live in Ms so not that far , just needs to cool off a bit.....LATER

#139 ·
New member here.
Name is Tim...
But everybody calls me Tim.
West Central Missouri , not far from Truman lake.
I live on a farm.
I drove the semi's.. liquid tankers for four decade's..
Still... Every now and then drive one for another brother in law..
(I've got ten brother in law's and six sister in laws) ... And all their kids.. some , I'm still learning their names..
I ask who's yer daddy a lot.
No..I don't have a Yamaha TW ...(yet)...
But I'm working on it.
Hopefully one will turn up soon..
Tim

This post has been deleted
#144 ·
Hi everyone am a new member here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How come all of your IP Address's come back as "Reported Spam"? ...all of them! From what I can see you are a spammer. If not addressed soon, you will be banned/removed from this website forum.

#146 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,
I have just joined this forum to increase my knowledge about motorcycle. I have interested is sports bikes also. Currently I am using TVS RR310 motorcycle. Recently a thought came into my mind that I have to changed the current motorcycle and for buying new one, so I need advice from you guys what motorcycle brand is best in Mexico City..?

#149 ·
Hello all! My name is Matt and I recently bought a pair of used Tdubs for my family to use, but mainly for my youngest son and me to try some moto camping... hoping the whole family gets the bug and I can get a few more so we can all ride together. We live in Maricopa, AZ, so if there are other folks in the area, please reach out so that we might ride together.

I have been riding for the better part of the past 35 years, mostly on bigger bikes out in Glamis, CA. At my age, it seemed smart to downsize a bit and focus on the experience rather than the adrenaline.

I am looking forward to learning and sharing knowledge with other members. This is an incredible resource at our fingertips, and I am not a social media savvy person, so this is all quite new to me. I'm not even sure how to update my profile.

Anyway, this should be a lot of fun!

Matt

#152 ·
Hello All,
I'm Michael, early 40s that lives just east of Dallas,TX.
Finally picked up a 2020 TW with 700mi that didnt have a scratch on it. Was very fortunate to find it after looking around for years. I've been running it around in the pastures the last few days and tooling around the farm. Such a fun and comfortable machine to drive. It's got a few small mods here and there that came with and I'll eventually make it my own. I do have the Shinko 241 on order to replace that dreaded front ture, but for now I just want to ride. I'd be interested in meeting others from the North / East Texas areas and riding some trails. I'd be happy to post some photos of it when I can, until then!

#153 ·
Hello All,
I'm Michael, early 40s that lives just east of Dallas,TX.
Finally picked up a 2020 TW with 700mi that didnt have a scratch on it. Was very fortunate to find it after looking around for years. I've been running it around in the pastures the last few days and tooling around the farm. Such a fun and comfortable machine to drive. It's got a few small mods here and there that came with and I'll eventually make it my own. I do have the Shinko 241 on order to replace that dreaded front ture, but for now I just want to ride. I'd be interested in meeting others from the North / East Texas areas and riding some trails. I'd be happy to post some photos of it when I can, until then!
Welcome to the forum bro!! (y)(y)(y)

#157 · (Edited)
New member from North Alabama.
Last week, my wife and I bought a new 2023 TW200 from Allsport Powersports in Decatur, Alabama.
I'm 58-years-old and have been riding since I was 13-years-old.
My first motorcycle was a new 1978 Yamaha DT100 Enduro.
I've owned almost all types of motorcycles over the years and almost all major brands except BMW, Ducati, KTM, and Moto Guzzi.
This 2023 TW200 is the first one I've ever owned.
I also own a 2020 Triumph Bonneville T120.
I've only done one mod to the TW200 so far, I replaced the rectangle front reflectors (I hate the way those rectangle reflectors look...LOL!) with some round ones I had laying around the garage that I had removed from the 2019 Kawasaki W800 Cafe I used to own.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle

This post has been deleted
#161 ·
New member from West Virginia.

New to the TW200, just bought last week, had to drive to south carolina to find one. Have been riding since i was on a PW50 in the early 80's with many motorcycles, atv's, and a sidebyside in between.

Attachments

#162 ·
Welcome to the TW forum JM!! And, congrats on the TW purchase!! You're gonna enjoy it....as long as you're not in a hurry. :)

Pegs look familiar? 😁

FYI.....

#166 ·
New from Minnesota
My name is brian and come here with a new to me 2021 with 67 miles on it. Looking forward to talking it out west this summer and putting a few more miles on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.