Attention new members (and some old ones) ....
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Attention new members (and some old ones) ....

Exclamation Attention new members (and some old ones) ....

The following is aimed at new members – but some of the older ones could do worse than read this “sticky” – and it comes in the form of a “request” …..

Please update your profile to reflect your location, and your signature line to tell everyone what kind of TW you have

It will save lots of questions, such as “what year do you have, how many miles on it, where do you ride” etc – and even if you’ve added just a mod to your bike, the same questions apply

Introducing yourself and your bike is always welcomed, but after you have a dozen posts or so, we either end up going through all of your posts trying to suss this out, ask the inevitable, or just shrug and move on

This is one of the most “inclusive” boards on the net – and it achieves that by sharing information

So, please – take a couple of minutes to update your profile and your signature ……
    Ken, Sthrnromr, goldenhtr and 6 others like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Copy 10-4! Updated!!!! uh, no, but I tried! hehehe lots of offensive words in there...

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 2.01.13 AM.png
    old w/?? likes this.
    Hidden Content 2016-TDUB • Built Suspension • LED Headlamp • FMF Powercore4 • Skid Plate • *fifteen/49 sprockets • EVO Air Footpegs • KX High (108mm) bars •1-1/8 Bar Risers • Rally Pro X-Strong Handguards • 714 Soft Touch Rally Grips • 241 Front Tire • Rear Rack • Front Rack

Hi I just joined this forum & look forward to gleaning the knowledge, tips & experience of other TW owners. I bought my 2016 off Craigslist about a year ago. I scored! The bike had only 850 mi on the clock, had been used as a camp bike hung on the back of the prior owners RV & was in like new condition. I have a winter home in the Southern California desert, Borrego Springs, & the TW is the perfect tool for accessing the hundreds of miles of dirt/sand roads in Anza Borrego State Park. I had considered larger dual-sports like the 650 KLR, but the TW was a better choice, old-school simple, light, low seat height so my wife can use it, enough power to two-up & still cruise at 45-50 mph on the pavement & adequate torque to putt along in 2nd or 3rd gear through the beautiful cactus gardens & badlands of Anza Borrego. I have been riding motos for 60 years & own a 500cc sport bike as well. Cheers to all
    littletommy, Juno and Darth like this.
    Ride like your life depends on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by El Chivo View Post
    Hi I just joined this forum & look forward to gleaning the knowledge, tips & experience of other TW owners. I bought my 2016 off Craigslist about a year ago. I scored! The bike had only 850 mi on the clock, had been used as a camp bike hung on the back of the prior owners RV & was in like new condition. I have a winter home in the Southern California desert, Borrego Springs, & the TW is the perfect tool for accessing the hundreds of miles of dirt/sand roads in Anza Borrego State Park. I had considered larger dual-sports like the 650 KLR, but the TW was a better choice, old-school simple, light, low seat height so my wife can use it, enough power to two-up & still cruise at 45-50 mph on the pavement & adequate torque to putt along in 2nd or 3rd gear through the beautiful cactus gardens & badlands of Anza Borrego. I have been riding motos for 60 years & own a 500cc sport bike as well. Cheers to all
    Welcome to the forum!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Thanks mate. I like the way that folks who share the love of motos tend to stick together. Looking forward to diving deeper into the scrum.
    Purple, Darth and littletommy like this.
    Ride like your life depends on it.

Hello all,
    I have recently picked up a 2001 TW, got it running which a simple matter as how basic and fantastic these bikes are. I am looking forward to teaching my wife and kids how to ride a motorcycle on this bike. I figure this would be the perfect learning bike out there. I live on the Central Coast of California. Also trying to get my Dad to purchase one of these so we can go exploring. Currently though just my wife and kids, and especially my kids are excited about riding with me. I have done basics to my bike so far, new tires, oil changes. Replaced the carb instead of purging the old one. Looking forward to learning from this forum and seeing some cool mods I can add to my bike.
    littletommy, cateyetech and Darth like this.

Welcome to the forum!!

Where along the coast are you located? You probably have forum members who would ride with you all over the place...
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Hello all,
    I have recently picked up a 2001 TW, got it running which a simple matter as how basic and fantastic these bikes are. I am looking forward to teaching my wife and kids how to ride a motorcycle on this bike. I figure this would be the perfect learning bike out there. I live on the Central Coast of California. Also trying to get my Dad to purchase one of these so we can go exploring. Currently though just my wife and kids, and especially my kids are excited about riding with me. I have done basics to my bike so far, new tires, oil changes. Replaced the carb instead of purging the old one. Looking forward to learning from this forum and seeing some cool mods I can add to my bike.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I am around the San Luis Obispo area. I would like to find some new places to ride. I do not know of many trails that allow a motor bike on around me.
    littletommy likes this.
    Currently : 2001 TW200

Past : 1999 Suzuki Inturder

Sig updated. Intro overdue (Sorry)

Been looking for a T-Dub for about a year. They really don't pop up too often this part of Florida.
    Finally found an almost like new 2016 for $3400 in August down west of Daytona with 840 miles and made an offer of $3,000.
    Deal! So my daughter drove me down and I rode the 140 miles back with 100 in the rain. No regrets and now only 1600 miles on it.
    Still stock but a few mods in the near future. Remodel work on a house my daughter bought keeps me busy.

Love the forum, full of tech info, great people and ride stories. A diverse group of interesting, funny, sincere and down to earth members with HUNDREDS of years combined experience.

Best regards from the edge of the Osceola National Forest,

Marty
    Darth and littletommy like this.
    '16 Yamaha TW200 '08 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad '07 Kawasaki KLX250 '93 BMW R100GS Bumblebee (Mothballed)
    '99 Tacoma SR5 4WD '58 Willys CJ5 '90's Honda 4514 hydro riding mower '90's Honda 5013 compact tractor 4WD & 4W Steering

That's great Marty...you're rockin' and a rollin' now!
    littletommy likes this.
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links