• 13 Post By tyebauserman
  • 2 Post By Purple
  • 4 Post By admiral
  • 3 Post By ejfranz
  • 4 Post By tyebauserman
  • 1 Post By GOF
  • 1 Post By Trail Woman

Thread: TW’s give you wings.....

So this most definitely falls under Tdub abuse, but sometimes you just can’t help it. LOL My sons and I were out trail riding a property that has a MX track on it and we could just couldn’t help making a few laps on it with our trail bikes. Contrary to popular beliefs the TW can launch amazing well....it’s the landing that it doesn’t excel at so much😂. Photo credit to my wife who told me not too...

I’d imagine that flying a TW varies between “elegant”, and a “sack of bricks – but you don’t find out what’s what unless you do it

Kudos for trying – and for showing up that skinny tired bike …..
    Sthrnromr and Darth like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by tyebauserman View Post
    So this most definitely falls under Tdub abuse, but sometimes you just can’t help it. LOL My sons and I were out trail riding a property that has a MX track on it and we could just couldn’t help making a few laps on it with our trail bikes. Contrary to popular beliefs the TW can launch amazing well....it’s the landing that it doesn’t excel at so much😂. Photo credit to my wife who told me not too...
    Now this is "TW Fever, Catch it" material. Way better than my lame attempts at jumping. I have an excuse though, I'm chicken. Great fun looking photos and I'll agree with you. It's the landing which is a bit rough!

Awesome!!!!

Very cute. He'll be stealing your "jumping TW" in a year or two haha.
    Darth, Sthrnromr, ejfranz and 1 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Great pictures!
    Yes a TW can fly and it can be fun, but best done without any weight on the rear rack.
    Too many of use have broken the rear sub frame when landing.
    admiral, Darth and Fred like this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

No doubt the subframe would be a weak point. fortunately my rear box was empty and I am now retired from my TW motocross career. LOL
    admiral, Darth, ejfranz and 1 others like this.

GOF
    Some day I will get a picture of the repairs to my poor TDub's tail. It was many years ago when I mucked up and landed a flight on the taillight.
    Darth likes this.
    1988 Suzuki Savage
    1987 Yamaha TW200

After being 80% that high I can safely say that has reached the bottom out altitude. You would have to weight under 100lbs and use your legs as extended suspension to avoid bottoming out at that height. The one exception being a very well angled landing down hill.
    Darth likes this.

Sponosred Links