Boot recommendation / opinions - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Boot recommendation / opinions

I wear these boots. They are rigid in the right places, but when I have walkin' around to do, I unlatch the upper buckle and the velcro. The company that makes them is Forma.20190628_080235_1561737809853.jpg

I ended up getting the Rev'it Discovery Outdry boots because they're a great in-between for tech, protection, and comfort. They provide significantly more protection than many of the more conform/hiking oriented boots like the Gaerne Oiled or Allterain or similar boots for some protection but are great for walking/hiking. The Rev'it Discovery Outdry are very comfortable for walking even with the ankle, tow and heel protection. They're also 100% waterproof. A little pricey, but for boots you're going to have for likely up to 10yrs, that's a good investment. They have a really cool system to tighten and remove the boots as well. It's called the BOA Closure system. Super convenient and easy. So much better than buckles IMO. So far I really dig them. Good luck.
    2019 Yamaha TW200
    - DG Slip On
    - Custom Oil Cooler
    - Manracks Seat Rack
    - Ricochet Skid Plate
    - Oversizzed Footpegs

1973 Yamaha RD350

Is CE certified important?
    2001 Yamaha TW200
    2015 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sibyrnes View Post
    I have been wearing Sidi Aventure2 Gortex boots and love them. Expensive, I know, but they have saved me from some pretty "expensive" foot injuries. Very comfortable too.
    I've been wearing the same without the GorTex for 9 years, now on the second pair. They sure have saved my poor feet and ankles many times, probably to the tune of $10,000 dollars in foot injuries! They need breaking in, but in the old pair I can walk a mile or so. They are no longer available (natch) but the discovery rain is very similar. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ain-boots-2014
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Quote Originally Posted by Errtu View Post
    Is CE certified important?
    "CE marking is a certification mark that indicates conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products sold within the European Economic Area (EEA). The CE marking is also found on products sold outside the EEA that are manufactured in, or designed to be sold in, the EEA."

Depends on your outlook ....
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Junior Member TeeDoubleUTwoHundred's Avatar
    CE means Certifie European (Forgive my French, but it basically means European Certified, right?)
    2017 TW200 - No mods to date.

Alpinestar Belize here. I commute on my bike during the week and hit mild to moderate trails. I can walk around camp or a farmer's market in em without issue
    2001 TW

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDoubleUTwoHundred View Post
    CE means Certifie European (Forgive my French, but it basically means European Certified, right?)
    Yup - that's the theory anyway ...
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisure Time Larry View Post
    I have yet to find the unicorn boot. Good protective boots are not good walking around boots, and good walking around boots are not very protective. That pretty much leaves getting protective boots and carrying around a change of footwear that you can walk around in, or getting something you can walk around in and hope you don't destroy your ankle again if you ever go down. I advocate dressing for the slide over the ride. Here's my take on the boots I've used... https://youtu.be/gfwglvehwdU?t=530
    irregular-choice-daisy-dreams-unicorn-heeled-boots.jpg

I wouldn't recommend the unicorn boots for riding, the horn could poke you in the leg during a fall.
    Sthrnromr, Fred and wildknits like this.
    1993 TW200 just shy of 46,000 miles

Another vote for the Forma Adventures.

I have super wide feet, most boots I couldn't even get on. With these I sent up a size, and they are great for riding, good for walking. I couldn't come close to closing the the top buckle on the long version of the Formas, but the short were good.

20190629_084839.png
    Last edited by Vektor; 06-29-2019 at 06:57 AM.
    Husqvarna 6440 - she may be old, but she still runs like a sewing machine.
    2006 TW200

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links