Boot recommendation / opinions - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Boot recommendation / opinions

I'm wearing a pair of TCX Drifters. A little funky looking, but I find them comfortable. The Formas felt like tennis shoes to me. I have hiking boots and work boots that provide more lateral stability. I would have liked to have tried some Sidi Adventures but couldn't find any my size to try on. The Alpinstars were too narrow.

The Drifters have a heavy lugged Vibram-like replacable sole. I've "hiked" a couple of kilometers in them uphill and downhill. My legs and feet got sweaty though.

I wish the Drifters had a bit more in toe protection.

I haven't really tested their waterproof capabilities yet.

I'm a 10.5 -11 EE boot size. I bought a size 46.

Just another option to consider.
    Last edited by NorthernSpy; 06-29-2019 at 08:02 AM.
    Purple and Fred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Leisure Time Larry View Post
    I have yet to find the unicorn boot. Good protective boots are not good walking around boots, and good walking around boots are not very protective. That pretty much leaves getting protective boots and carrying around a change of footwear that you can walk around in, or getting something you can walk around in and hope you don't destroy your ankle again if you ever go down. I advocate dressing for the slide over the ride. Here's my take on the boots I've used... https://youtu.be/gfwglvehwdU?t=530
    Look at the writing. I found the unicorn boots!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 Apollo 250
    2018 Yamaha TW200
    1978 Suzuki DR370

I love the Gaerne Balance Oiled. Have had several pair of stiff motocross boots for those aggressive bikes/riding days which would be way overkill on what I currently ride - TW, XT250, Beta 200 trials bikes & Can-Am Renegade 800 XXC quad. Given the TW & XT's a small dual sport which will only occasionally lays on my leg in a crash, I find the Gaerne Oiled's flexible & comfy when riding, endlessly shifting & doing exploratory hikes when off the bike. I have been bruised once through the boot in 8 crashes with the bike laying on my leg but that goes with the sport. The protection is adequate for me & if walking/walking my bike for any distance needs to happen, these boots are great all around. Worth the money, waterproof, zero break-in needed & can be resoled.
    Willys714 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I have alpinestars gunner wo boots that I wear for street and dirt. They are ce rated and comfortable to wear all day at the office. The soles not really aggressive for hiking but i dont feel any need to remove them for normal walking around.
    Fred likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponosred Links