TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

New member here.

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  tylermoney 
#1 ·
Greetings, all.

Just purchased a nice 2006 this evening. I have been looking for a couple months and was just about to give up and buy new. Even had financing arranged through my credit union. Really glad I didn’t have to drop 5 grand on a new model.
I have been reading the forum a lot. There’s lots of good info here. I think my first add on might be some wide foot pegs, then I’m going to put some miles on it and see if it needs anything else. It’s all stock except for a rack and lithium battery.

-Aaron

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome to the forum!! :D

#4 ·
Welcome to you from NY.
I have a 2006 too and the footpegs for Pre-Kindergardeners was the very first thing I changed. I ordered them as soon as I got home with the bike, didn't even take it off the trailer yet.
I did want to show this new-to-me quirky bike to my friends and my brother right away but I just couldn't until I changed the pegs.
Procycles ASM pegs are spendy but super high quality. That's what I have:

There are of course good and cheaper alternatives but I really didn't want to mess with drilling or filing down anything or buying additional hardware. All you need is in this box for a 5 minute install of an aftermarket part that is ironically, built to a higher standard than the actual bike it is going on. You'll see when you open the box:
Label Material property Font

Bicycle drivetrain part Bicycle part Vehicle Crankset Metal

I soon after added an IMS long shifter to go with it but that's another story:
Hose Wire Cable Fuel line

Wide (actually just normal in my mind) footpeg and adult sized shifter. I wear an 11.5-12 shoe/boot. The stock foot-switchgear was ridiculous. You'll really want this more if you ride off-road and stand a lot.
Auto part Motorcycle accessories Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Brake

#6 ·
Welcome,
If you plan on any dirt riding get rid of the front tire.

#7 ·
Hi Aaron, and welcome to the forum!

It looks like you snagged that great deal that I saw posted (briefly) on craigslist in Palo Alto. You are now officially one of the Norcal Nutjobs here on the forum. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need any help with your new bike.

Brian

#9 ·
Welcome fron southern Nevada!

#11 ·
Hey dude, I’m new as well. I just bought a 2015 2 weeks ago. Was about to pull the trigger on a klr, but this little beast won me over for its off road appeal. Been riding road construction sites in the evenings. Love it. Taking to NC for first week in August for some trail riding/camping. Need rack/bags for mine. Any simple designs/recommendations out there?
Thanks! Happy riding!

#12 ·
Get the cycle rack WITHOUT THE HUMP. Find a bag or box to put on the cyclerack to hold your stuff. Rotopax 1 gallon container. Get some kind of phone/gps mount and something like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Voltmeter-USB-Charger-for-Yamaha-Road-Star-Warrior-Midnight-XV1600-XV1700-US/202712800307?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D9ecf507f2ab246faba9ec5e1d0c6ba1a%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D302736595770%26itm%3D202712800307&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851. There is a whole lot of other stuff you will need (want) but that should get you started.

#13 ·
Ordered some pegs and a jet kit that will get me started.
The bars seem pretty low, that might need to get addressed next. That or a 47 rear sprocket. This thing is slow!

I responded to the sellers ad 20 minutes after he posted it. I just got lucky and was looking at the right time.

#14 ·
Great find, and a fun ride. Enjoy yourself and welcome to the forum. I'm new to the TW world as of February, and I can say this forum is filled with excellent and extremely helpful members.

Reactions: littletommy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.