Gloves
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Gloves

Gloves

What gloves are you all wearing?
    I want something to save my hands if I eat it on the street. But I can weat in the dirt
    87 TW

Right now I just wear leather gloves, insulated if needed. I am planning to get some better riding gloves with knuckle and finger guards, but no store in the area sells them and I'm apprehensive about ordering them on line without trying them on.

Revzilla is great with returns. I've returned boots and pants and only had to check the "too large" or "too small" box on the return form, which I think they use to help tune their sizing recommendations. Return shipping is on you, but it's usually pretty cheap.

As for gloves, I was wearing Cortech DX when I dumped it in December, no knuckle protection because I figured if I'm going down, I'm putting palm down first. Nope, ate through the top and left a nice little scar on the top of my hand. Switched to Rev'It Striker 3 this spring, great knuckle/top protection, but too damn hot for summer use. Currently using Tour Master Airflow gloves, minimal knuckle/top protection but slightly more than the Cortech.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I chose the Fox Bomber S because it fit like a... umm... Glove. Lol

I tried several types that came recommended by vloggers, reviewers, etc and none of them fit me quite right.
    Ken likes this.
    2001 TW

I wear leather gloves bought over the counter at Ace Hardware....they are kind of like screwdrivers, every time I need one, I can't find one so I buy another....I must have a half dozen pairs or more around here somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower View Post
    What gloves are you all wearing?
    I want something to save my hands if I eat it on the street. But I can weat in the dirt
    I just use mechanix mpact gloves. Not the best protection but it’s better than garden glove specials or something from the Home Depot bargain bin

I got these comfie summer gloves and decent protection. Hope you all are enjoying summer.

JSP Pro-Biker Motorbike Protector Gloves- Full-Half Finger Carbon Fiber Cycling Powersports Racing Gloves
    by JSP

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MENS-EXTR...fErhu4I7QoYp6A

I have two pairs (in the event that one pair gets wet or sweaty) - white, for visibility when giving hand signals (Sandue knows what I mean)

I do have another pair of longer waterproof "robo-cop" gloves, but frankly, haven't needed them .....
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

I just bought a two-pack of some really nice, soft but structurally sound, leather gloves in Sams Club. I have "somewhat" larger hands so, fitting gloves is often difficult. I don't even classify my hands as being all that big. I've seen and shook hands that were larger than mine. But, often, when I try on gloves, no matter what store, no matter what type, the "XL" are often too tight for non-restrictive movement, as in controlling motorcycle hand operations, i.e. clutch, brake, throttle etc. and yet still feel comfortable and unrestrained.

But, these XL I tried on at Sams Club in Bullhead city AZ, fit very, very nicely and, they'll get even better with a bit of break-in. PLUS, they're not the traditional BLACK. I'm so tired of BLACK.
    Scott
    Retired SDFD, 30 years,
    2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD CAT C-7 330HP
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Caliente red
    2007 TW 200 "Blue Noid"
    2115 Jeep JKUR Rubicon
    2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4
    HAM, KI6OND
    Me, the wife and our killer Mini Schnauzer, "Sophie"

With the majority here leaning towards road type gloves, I ordered Alpinestar short cuffed gloves. Road rash is the worst. I'm not like Chuck Norris. I won't be doing a karate roll up to my feet. I will be putting my hands out if I wash the front on pavement.
    I chose alpinestar based on how amazingly happy I am with my Alpinestar A10 mx chest protector. I figure I'll carry my mx gloves when I switch to dirt
    I very much appreciate all your opinions
    Elvesus likes this.
    87 TW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links