Right on Ride-on!
Close

So I went ahead and put Ride-on tire balancer and sealant in my TW tires today. Another outstanding recommendation (from a number of members) that I wish I'd done a long time ago!

I did like the bottle said, putting 125% of the amount their formula said into each tire because hey, if the TW isn't a heavy-duty application then I don't know what is!

From my measurements that amounted to something like 8.75oz in the front tube and 11.25oz in the rear.

I took the TW for about a 15 mile ride down the backroads to try out the Ride-on afterwards, and my first impression was near astonishment. I'm not sure if even the stock front tire was ever really balanced, and it seems the wobbly street handling of the 5.10 Shinko 244 was something that I had mistakenly blamed on the tire itself. After putting in the Ride-on, the 244 rides smoother than the stocker ever did.

I'm not quite enough of a believer to take a power drill to the tire like they do in the demo video, but I am looking forward to a little less anxiety about riding around all of these spiny desert plants out here.

It takes three of the small (~$15) bottles to do the TW's tires, so it's not super cheap, but if the improvement in ride and handling I've experienced is typical then I'd say it's well worth it.

Just thought I'd share my initial results.
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

Good for you! I have never looked back and put this stuff in all my bike tires. Cheap insurance...
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Is it possible to re use the inner tube with Ride On in it when you get a new tire? I would think you could but then I am just guessing.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I just put one small bottle in each tube back about a year ago but I just replaced my front tire to the goldenboy with new tube. I'll have to try riding my tw it without ride-on and then with.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Quote Originally Posted by importmech View Post
    ................. but I just replaced my front tire to the goldenboy with new tube.

I am just curious, why didn't you re use the older tube with the Ride On already in it?
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

I agree, well worth it! My 244 shook my handlebars pretty good but after adding Ride-On it's much smoother.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

My tires/tubes are original (1989) so decided maybe a new tube is a good idea.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I am just curious, why didn't you re use the older tube with the Ride On already in it?

I don't know how common this is, but when I replaced my stock front tire and tube with the 244, the stock valve stem was all rusted and corroded looking in the area that was underneath the rim. My bike does live outside, so I wasn't really shocked or anything, but I sure wasn't gonna re-use that tube either!

We used to re-use tubes all the time back when I was really into mountain biking and cycling, but we got flat tires all the time too.

Ride-on is supposed to keep you going for up to a 1/8" puncture in a tube tire, so if your old tube fails at the valve stem or splits somewhere it won't do you any good.
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

Quote Originally Posted by DonBenito View Post
    So I went ahead and put Ride-on tire balancer and sealant in my TW tires today. Another outstanding recommendation (from a number of members) that I wish I'd done a long time ago!

Me too! I did it a couple of days after I got down to Phoenix, on the 22nd...after it stopped snowing!

Now I don't have to carry Slime anymore.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Sponosred Links