TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

1st year in the books. And new Forma Adventure boots.

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Wade Backlund 
#1 ·
Good day brothers and sisters. Wow! My first year as a T- Dubber is complete. Time DOES fly by when you're having fun. :headbang: Only 2800 miles, but they're 2800 Northern Nevada miles. Which means each mile is hard won. Couldn't be happier with the lil' bucker. Accessorized and farkled to my liking and a promotion to LCpl., Rex T. Dubber is climbing his way up the ranks. I may be looking to expand my 2-wheel garage but this guy will ALWAYS be my go-to in the arsenal for great times.

Finally! My Forma Adventure boots have arrived, only 2 and a half months after the original order was placed. I waited a month and a half for the first order to arrive, via China, via ebay. My $$ was eventually returned and my 1st and only experience with ebay will remain just that. 2nd order placed with Amazon on June 21 Was supposed to arrive at my door June 27-July 2, finally arrived today. Somehow spent 2 weeks in Phoenix because of flooding in Iowa. Anyway, totally worth the wait. These bad boys are awesome, they are like wearing tall hiking boots. All leather and rubber. The only metal and plastic are the buckles. Super flexible and comfortable, not like most MX boots that wear like ski boots. 2 thumbs up and highly recommended.
Footwear Boot Shoe Personal protective equipment Riding boot
Footwear Boot Shoe Motorcycle boot Riding boot
Footwear Black Shoe Tire Synthetic rubber

MUD N GUTS Y'ALL!

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats on your boots – bit strange you had to wait so long though, took about a week and a half in my case

They might look sweet and innocent now, but they quickly accrue what we call “street cred” – after one week in Moab, they’ve got that kinda “been there, done that” look about them

Good choice … ;)

#4 ·
I almost got those. Really liked them, but went a bit of a step up to the Rev'it Discovery Outdry. They have more ankle, heel and toe protection ... and I must admit that their BOA closure system also very much sold me on them. Have fun wearing your in. Leather always seems to look better with age and use.

#5 ·
If you do a lot of trail riding they do not hold up. Both Fred and my Forma's have the seams coming apart. They are very comfortable, but I thought they would have had more durability. Mine are about 2 years old.
Footwear Shoe Tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Soles getting chewed up from pegs

Footwear Shoe Boot Riding boot Leg

Floor Footwear Tire Shoe Flooring

Footwear Shoe Joint Leg Boot

#7 ·
#6 ·
Heh. Well some of us know how you ride! My first pair of Sidi Adventure Rains is still usable after 8 years....with a little bit of Goop. :p
But of course I have only done 1/4 of your mileage.....and at roughly 1/4 of your speed. That could be why mine have lasted 8 years.

#8 ·
Forma openly say in the advertising that the soles are not compatible with “trial type” foot pegs – and the weak point then seems to be the stitching on the heel (exactly where you’d “pry” them off)

They’re certainly not “combat boots” by any standards, but you still get your money’s worth …..

#9 ·
Most adventure riders put on cleated foot pegs if the bike did not come with them - So I guess the Adventure in the Forma name is a misnomer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.