I'm Back!
Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By MrClean
  • 1 Post By Flieger

Thread: I'm Back!

Cool I'm Back!

Hey Everyone,
    Been a long time since I posted. I had a TW and loved it, loved it, loved it. It's the one in my profile picture. It got stolen and totaled here in DC. I moved on to other bikes, but always had the nagging desire to get back on a T-Dub. Was perusing craigslist and came across a nice one right in my backyard so had to pounce. It's a 2012 and was sold to me by another forum member. I'm very pleased to be back on the TW even if I don't have any more room for bikes in the garage. It's getting a lot more use than the Harleys anyway and I'm getting ready to take it up to Canada for trail riding in a couple of weeks near Cloyne/Kaladar/Northbrook area of Ontario if any forum members happen to be around there.

Also, I will search around the forum but I need to find a good hitch carrier for the trip up north. Was looking at this one but I'm sure there are lots of options. Great to hear from folks if they've had a particularly good experience with one of these or the like. Here are some pics of my (new to me) 2012! I'm really excited to be back in a TW saddle!

TW1.jpgTW2.jpgTW3.jpg
    reddave and tylermoney like this.

Welcome back!
    1987 Yamaha TW200

Welcome back. I went with this rack instead of the one you did because it has tie downs front and rear.

https://www.discountramps.com/hitch-...ier/p/MCC-600/
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Nice clean bike, already with bark busters, handlebar risers, larger pegs and rack. Great start! Look into a new front tire. 241 is a good option.
    Welcome back

I went with the carrier LT posted. Has worked well for me on trips. Ordered a Mototote since I liked that it was lighter, but after 6 weeks of empty promises that it would ship the Black Widow was what I ended up with. Pretty solid setup when you use their no rattle hitch pin.
    littletommy likes this.

Nice find. Welcome back to the club.
    2019 Yamaha TW200
    - DGv2 Slip On
    - Custom Oil Cooler
    - Manracks Seat Rack
    - Ricochet Skid Plate
    - Oversizzed Footpegs
    - Cycra ProBend Handguards

1973 Yamaha RD350
    - In pieces in my garage Hidden Content

Sponosred Links