Famous Tool Tubes
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I just recieved my tool tubes (2) and put them on each side of my cyclerack,they look good.Now here's my problem.My intended purpose for my TW is back and forth to work which is only 3 miles,to putt around town, and to explore back country roads while camping and hunting and not major road trips.So since I will be somewhat close (hopefully) to my vehicle, or home, what do you pack in your tubes?I might only need one tube.I was thinking some tools.a masterlink,spare piece of chain, sparkplug, and maybe an extra spare fuse.If I packed for every worst case scenerio,I might as well build a trailer and haul a spare TW ( HA HA HA ).
    1994 TW

Had but regrettably sold a 1982 KZ1000R Eddie Lawson Replica

Crawfordville. FL, (south of Tallahassee), on the beach
    Extra fuel can, soda cans, beer cans, food. Being that close to home or vehicle, you don't need tons of tools and spare parts to carry on the bike..

Tow strap, zip ties, electrical/duct tape, safety wire, spare levers, J-B Weld, etc.......

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I've found that those small miscellaneous things are easier to pull out if you stick them in an old sock then stuff the sock into the tube.

I just bought one at my local Kubota Dealership for $10.50 (TAX Included) mostly for my ownership (photocopy) and insurance slip, tire pressure guage, leatherman and whatever else I can think of wrapped up in a towel for vibration/ease of access. Heres how I plan on mounting mine http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=645801 (Thanks Gadget Man if your on here!). I love the balance of the muffler and tube combo I'll be sure to post pics of the mount.

Cheers

Ryan
    '09 TW200 - Black Jimbo Shield - Custom Oversize Foot Pegs - Tusk T-10 ATV Sport Bend Bars - Hammer Black Cycle Rack - Tool Tube (Muffler Style Mount) - 15/50 Sprocket - HID Headlight - Custom Mount Ducati Monster LED Tail Light - LED Turn Signals - Eagle Eye Running Lights - OURY Road Grips - Shinko 700 Trailmaster Front Tire.

Mini jumper cables, duck tape, super glue, zipties and a multi tool. If you need something else your doing it wrong
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Ammo for hunting perhaps?.

Who cares if you put anything in them or not! They just look so cool on the TW/Cyclerack, even if they're empty!
    Swamp

2006 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Who cares if you put anything in them or not! They just look so cool on the TW/Cyclerack, even if they're empty!
    Giggle. I actually (finally) order 3 last week. Not arrived yet, but I think they'll come in handy for a few things. I'm mostly thinking tools, but who knows. Guessing I'll be riding around with them mounted and empty from time to time also
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Sprague River, Oregon in Summer, Salome, AZ in Winter
    I found my cans at Harbor Freight. Everyone is getting into the act. Mine holds a can of Flat-Fix along with other essentials. Old tube socks make retrieving items easier.
    Lead or Git out of the Way!

Present bikes: 2005 TW200, 2000 H-D Road King Classic, 1998 Goldwing Trike, 2009 Vstrom 650, 2011 BMW R1200RT, 2-CT-90's, 2- 100 XT's, 2008 Lin Hai 250cc Scooter, 50cc fold-up scooter.
    I.B.A. #49,689. Commercial SMEL,Instruments, Rotorcraft-Helicopter
    RAF 2000 GTX SE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links