• 6 Post By Ryder
  • 4 Post By joeband
  • 2 Post By mountain redbelly
  • 1 Post By MrClean
  • 1 Post By Ryder
  • 1 Post By vtxbob

Thread: NOOB from NOVA ready to join the fray

NOOB from NOVA ready to join the fray

Hi Everybody. New TW200 owner here. Just wanted to say hi.

Been riding motorcycles and dirt bikes on and off for over 30 years and got it to riding SxS a few years back (currently have a RZR XP 1000). I grew tired of the same old, same old with motorcycles and sold my 2010 Honda Sabre earlier this year for a song. I was thinking about using that money to buy a dirt bike or dual sport and stumbled across the TW200. At first, I thought it was a fun looking little bike but not something I'd ever own. After researching everything from small trail bikes to fire breathing MX machines, I somehow kept finding myself watching another TW200 video or reading another post about it. Now I find myself more than three months into this journey and there's a TW sitting in my garage. I'm still not sure how I ended up here. The funny thing is that I'm more excited about that little bike than I have been about any motorcycle or dirt bike I've ever owned (with maybe one exception...a 1972 Suzuki TC125 will always hold a special place in my heart...she was my first).

So on to the TW. It's a 2018 that I purchased from a very nice older gentlemen. He had purchased it as his "back of the RV" bike and hauled it all over the place without ever really taking it off the RV to ride it. After a year or so of that, he decided to sell the TW to someone who might actually ride it. The bike had 95 miles and not a single scratch on it. The seller (Bill) had also done just about all the upgrades I would have done myself. He added a heavy duty skid plate, hand guards, larger foot pegs, and a rear rack. He also put on shorty turn signals (which I really like) and a 2nd helmet lock.

Looking forward to riding my TW. The kid in me is really coming out. I was able to knock out the VA safety inspection yesterday after I picked the bike up. Now just have to get through the DMV to get here plated. Fun times ahead.
    Last edited by Ryder; 07-14-2019 at 02:33 PM.
    littletommy, TW-Brian, Ken and 3 others like this.
    2018 TW200 - Acerbis Rally Pro X-Strong Handguards, K&S mini-stalk turn signal, heavy duty skid plate, rear rack, oversized mirrors, oversized foot pegs, and extra helmet lock.

make it yours, ride it often and enjoy the ride.

congrats!
    littletommy, Ken, Ryder and 1 others like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Ken
    Welcome to the fun.
    1993 TW200 just shy of 46,000 miles

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member mountain redbelly's Avatar
    Nice short story on how you and your tw200 came to be. Hold on to her and never let er go
    Ryder and Darth like this.
    "meet me in the creek"

Hey Ryder welcome from a DC T-Dubber!!
    Ryder likes this.

Thanks all. Really looking forward to riding her. Spent some time today doing a like pre-ride work like checking the oil, adjust the rear brake play, and checking the chain play. She's ready to ride. Wish I had plates on it.
    2018 TW200 - Acerbis Rally Pro X-Strong Handguards, K&S mini-stalk turn signal, heavy duty skid plate, rear rack, oversized mirrors, oversized foot pegs, and extra helmet lock.

Welcome welcome. PIcs?
    2019 Yamaha TW200
    - DGv2 Slip On
    - Custom Oil Cooler
    - Manracks Seat Rack
    - Ricochet Skid Plate
    - Oversizzed Footpegs
    - Cycra ProBend Handguards

1973 Yamaha RD350
    - In pieces in my garage Hidden Content

Here's a pic that was taken by the guy I bought it from. I need to get my own action shots.

IMG_0012.JPG
    tylermoney likes this.

Hi Ryder That's how I got introduced to my T-Dub, from watching youtube videos. I'm so glad I did . I just love riding my little bike, it's so much fun ! I have been riding since I was 14, now I'm 66.
    tylermoney likes this.

Sponosred Links