TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

NOOB from NOVA ready to join the fray

867 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  vtxbob 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Everybody. New TW200 owner here. Just wanted to say hi.

Been riding motorcycles and dirt bikes on and off for over 30 years and got it to riding SxS a few years back (currently have a RZR XP 1000). I grew tired of the same old, same old with motorcycles and sold my 2010 Honda Sabre earlier this year for a song. I was thinking about using that money to buy a dirt bike or dual sport and stumbled across the TW200. At first, I thought it was a fun looking little bike but not something I'd ever own. After researching everything from small trail bikes to fire breathing MX machines, I somehow kept finding myself watching another TW200 video or reading another post about it. Now I find myself more than three months into this journey and there's a TW sitting in my garage. I'm still not sure how I ended up here. The funny thing is that I'm more excited about that little bike than I have been about any motorcycle or dirt bike I've ever owned (with maybe one exception...a 1972 Suzuki TC125 will always hold a special place in my heart...she was my first).

So on to the TW. It's a 2018 that I purchased from a very nice older gentlemen. He had purchased it as his "back of the RV" bike and hauled it all over the place without ever really taking it off the RV to ride it. After a year or so of that, he decided to sell the TW to someone who might actually ride it. The bike had 95 miles and not a single scratch on it. The seller (Bill) had also done just about all the upgrades I would have done myself. He added a heavy duty skid plate, hand guards, larger foot pegs, and a rear rack. He also put on shorty turn signals (which I really like) and a 2nd helmet lock.

Looking forward to riding my TW. The kid in me is really coming out. I was able to knock out the VA safety inspection yesterday after I picked the bike up. Now just have to get through the DMV to get here plated. Fun times ahead.

See less See more
#2 ·
make it yours, ride it often and enjoy the ride.

congrats!

#6 ·
Thanks all. Really looking forward to riding her. Spent some time today doing a like pre-ride work like checking the oil, adjust the rear brake play, and checking the chain play. She's ready to ride. Wish I had plates on it.

#8 ·
Here's a pic that was taken by the guy I bought it from. I need to get my own action shots.

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Supermoto Car

Reactions: tylermoney
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.