TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Came back home....

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  jeepster09 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I haven't had a T-Dub for awhile, thought I needed BIGGER.
After going the bigger route found I really missed the TW. So I just traded for one of Plumbstraight's fleet of TW's.
Now I am off to making the bike fit my needs [can't leave nothing alone]. I found the bigger dual sports were great in the power department, but just plain TO HEAVY to be a lot of fun off road.
I am excited to be back in the TW world. Here are a couple of the ones I have had:

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Motorcycle
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Cruiser
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Car

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You have some sweet bikes bro!! :)

Reactions: Ken
#12 ·
I have an RD350! A '73. That is actually the bike I learned on ... which was not the best decision, but I'm not dead :)

What year is yours?

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub
#7 ·
What year was your Ural? I love mine. One of the longest term relationships I've had with a motorcycle ever. Twelve years just passed from new a few days ago.
Gone are many Harley's, Honda's, Kawasaki's and "Zuki's.
Mine is a Carbie 2007 Patrol.

#11 ·
If memory is correct it was a 2013 [last of carb models]. It was just that u joints were extremely loose from day one, crossed threaded bolts, rust, mickey mouse wiring from factory. Just to many things to want to rebuild NEW BIKE. Another guy I know that had one the engine blew up due to oiling issue, only to find broken drill bit in oil galley from factory. I think they need to lay off the vodka at factory in Siberia where they are built. Then again if I lived in Siberia....

#8 ·
The transformation has begun...:)
Disassembled and all maintenance brought up to date. New HD front and rear springs [gotta love Procycle :=], pro-taper handle bars, gps mounts and power points, folding short levers, LED head light, LED driving lights, spaced up fender, head light guard, trunk, Clark Tank. Still to do, new rear tire and LED tail light.
A few before and after shots:

Attachments

#10 ·
I had a 79 RD400 Daytona Special with Micron pipes - an incredibly fun bike to drive and I still regret selling it to this day. Replaced it with an 86 RZ500 when I got back from Germany in 96. Picked it up on a Friday of a long weekend, drove it for the three days, and put it up for sale on Tuesday - that was one scary bike and I knew it was going to end badly. The local Yamaha dealer was kind enough to take it as a trade-in for a 97 XT350. That too was a fun bike, just not fun to start (either it would start 1st kick or the 20th, with nothing in between). Eventually sold that and went on bike hiatus until I bought my 2014 TW new in 2015. In retrospect, would have been a lot better had the Yamaha dealer just sold me a TW back in 97! All that to say... WELCOME BACK!

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.