Finally
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Finally

Finally

Finished the accessorize section of my TW goal...now need to make it better performing in the dirt, way better. Can barely recognise it"s ability on trails. One step at a time..great info here
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Purple and SanDue like this.

Boy, that doesn't look like it would do too good in the dirt!!!
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Quote Originally Posted by RockyTFS View Post
    Boy, that doesn't look like it would do too good in the dirt!!!

Even my gravel driveway feels like Moab with those 40psi slick tires! But the open road is a joy. A few of us rode to Lake Tahoe yesterday for Lunch and a ride around the lake. So happy to live so close to such a fun, beautiful place. Going camping there next week.
    joeband likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Donzo View Post
    Finished the accessorize section of my TW goal...now need to make it better performing in the dirt, way better. Can barely recognise it"s ability on trails. One step at a time..great info here
    A new sidewinder....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Donzo likes this.
    "Life Member NRA"

Even my gravel driveway feels like Moab with those 40psi slick tires! But the open road is a joy. A few of us rode to Lake Tahoe yesterday for Lunch and a ride around the lake. So happy to live so close to such a fun, beautiful place. Going camping there next week.

Glad you enjoyed Lake Tahoe. The last time we were there, about maybe 7-8 years ago or more, during July I think. We rode our Goldwing from Ramona CA to there. We decided to take a day and ride around the lake 'cause we'd never done it and it was new. What a serious mistake! Nothing but traffic, almost the entire 360 degrees around that lake. And, road repair/construction about 1/2 way around it. Stop-go-stop-go-stop-go-stop go...…

About a zillion cars and people everywhere. We tried several times to stop some place and admire the shore line. Almost a complete shutout. We finally found one spot, 'cause I could stuff that bike in a slot not quite big enough for even a small car. That trip, around that lake, took us every bit of 3 hours, start to finish, back at our hotel, on the south east tip. It's a beautiful place, but, way too crowded for us.
    Scott
    Donzo and socalnative like this.
    Retired SDFD, 30 years,
    2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD CAT C-7 330HP
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Caliente red
    2007 TW 200 "Blue Noid"
    2115 Jeep JKUR Rubicon
    2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4
    HAM, KI6OND
    Me, the wife and our killer Mini Schnauzer, "Sophie"

That is the most tricked out tdub of all time. You had to spend thousands on accessories. The fabricating skills are outstanding. I can't even tell it was originally a TW200. I really like the headlight and wind-shield! Where did you get them?
    Donzo likes this.
    2017 Apollo 250
    2018 Yamaha TW200
    1978 Suzuki DR370

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
    Glad you enjoyed Lake Tahoe. The last time we were there, about maybe 7-8 years ago or more, during July I think. We rode our Goldwing from Ramona CA to there. We decided to take a day and ride around the lake 'cause we'd never done it and it was new. What a serious mistake! Nothing but traffic, almost the entire 360 degrees around that lake. And, road repair/construction about 1/2 way around it. Stop-go-stop-go-stop-go-stop go...…

About a zillion cars and people everywhere. We tried several times to stop some place and admire the shore line. Almost a complete shutout. We finally found one spot, 'cause I could stuff that bike in a slot not quite big enough for even a small car. That trip, around that lake, took us every bit of 3 hours, start to finish, back at our hotel, on the south east tip. It's a beautiful place, but, way too crowded for us.
    Scott
    Yes, it can get real traffic esp on weekends! I always plan to turn around and head back down toward South Lake if busy - was clear this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Apolloha View Post
    That is the most tricked out tdub of all time. You had to spend thousands on accessories. The fabricating skills are outstanding. I can't even tell it was originally a TW200. I really like the headlight and wind-shield! Where did you get them?
    Where else, China and Procycle! And magic
    jeepster09 likes this.

If one can't go off-season when the crowds lessen then touring around Lake Tahoe can be fun after hours. Let the moon come up, the dinner time traffic thin and then twist the throttle! By then wind generated waves have died down and a mirror-like lake can reflect the moonlight quite nicely. emerald bay moolight.jpg
    joeband, Ken and socalnative like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Yes, I've ridden around the lake at night while camping at Nevada Beach, sweater weather and so beautiful. All the best view spots are wide open, on a moon night it is incredible!
    Fred and SanDue like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links