Peg question.
Close

Thread: Peg question.

Peg question.

I know there has been a lot of threads posted on replacement footpegs but I was wondering if the IMS 277317 footpegs fit without mods and more importantly, will they fold up if you drop the bike. I installed some old footpegs from a 2008 R1200 BMW GSA that fit and are bigger but they only fold up about a quarter of the way.

Senior Member TeeDoubleUTwoHundred's Avatar
    Would it be possible to remove some of the material preventing the pegs folding up?

In a safe manner, of course.
    2017 TW200 -> Hand Guards-Chain-Foot Pegs-Skid Plate-Shifter-Grips-Mirrors-Fuel Filter-Fender-Levers

I may give that a shot although the IMS pegs are a little larger. Probably should do that since my TW budget has ballooned this week after a new carb, fuel lines, fuel filter, fuel petcock and a new oil cooler. She should purr like a kitten although she was running fine before but I had fuel leaking from the carb and the petcock. I should have rebuilt the carb but the Yamaha parts were just about the same price as the new carb and it has very good feedback from forum members. I just rebuilt my 71 Honda Trail 90 carb and it’s running great but it sounds like the TW carb is a little bit more complex. I may still rebuild it with a Keyster carb kit to have as a spare.

Sponosred Links