It lives! - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: It lives!

So far this morning I have Refreshed the carb. New jets, float needle and seat, and adjust the float. Haven't got it out on the road yet, but she starts up and idles fine. Road it around the yard a bit. Seems to do well. Will know more when I get the turn signal issue sorted and can get her on the road. If only I had an up to date inspection sticker.
    jtomelliott49 and Darth like this.
    1988 Suzuki Savage
    1987 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content

The leaking gas was probably caused by the float sticking. If I were you I would check the oil level to see if it leaked enough to make it into the crank case. Some on this forum have experienced that and for some of those the outcome was not good.

Jim
    Darth, GOF and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Hidden Content 2003 Tw200, 2014 BWS 150, 1969 VW Beetle Baja, 1972 Super Beetle and a 1987 Suzuki Samurai.

When I had the carb apart the first time I made sure the float was free. Having pulled the seat out of the 30+ year old carb I suspect the gasket didn't like being disturbed. It didn't sit long with the leak. A small puddle on the ground. And yes, I checked the oil level. And will be changing it again soon anyways. Cheep insurance. But thanks for looking out for me. It is honestly appreciated.
    jtstdub and jtomelliott49 like this.
    1988 Suzuki Savage
    1987 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Sorted the turn signal issues. And figured out something I think some would like to know. I'll start a thread in the thech section. But basically using LED turn signals has an issue caused by the indicator light.

So as it stands I'm not going to be attacking anything else until I get it inspected. After that I will be thinking about gearing and tires. Probably pull the swing arm over the winter lay up. Inspect and service the bearings as needed. Fresh coat of paint. Pretty things up a bit.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    1988 Suzuki Savage
    1987 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content

I had some time this morning. So I took the old girl to get her state inspection. She passed!
    I was a little concerned (just a little) that the non-DOT LED turn signals would be a problem.
    But he was more concerned that the headlight wasn't working. You have to start her up.
    admiral likes this.
    1988 Suzuki Savage
    1987 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content

So on yesterday's little jaunt I rediscovered how bad the trailwing does on a steel deck bridge. What fun!
    Purple likes this.
    1988 Suzuki Savage
    1987 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content

Another short ride today. Speedo quit. Found myself a place to pull over and check it out. Shut her down and flip the stand down. As I was climbing off the old girl I noticed a BIG loop in the speedo cable. Seems it had come off the back of the speedometer. Looks like I didn't get it tightened down well enough when I put the front end back together. Quick fix and back on the road.
    1988 Suzuki Savage
    1987 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content

Just ordered a 47 tooth sprocket and an o-ring chain and some bar risers. Wish I would have kept better records on what I've spent since starting this adventure. All these little things are adding up. But still, it is a good feeling to get this old girl back on the road,
    1988 Suzuki Savage
    1987 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by GOF View Post
    Wish I would have kept better records on what I've spent since starting this adventure. All these little things are adding up.
    No, you're better off not knowing. Pay the price, but do not count the cost...
    GOF and admiral like this.
    2015 TW200 "The Police Bike"
    2007 TW200 "My Little Thumper"
    1989 FZR400R...I'm getting too old for this $hit

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Phoenix View Post
    No, you're better off not knowing. Pay the price, but do not count the cost...
    LOL! I bet you're right. And as long as the wife doesn't start adding things up I should be fine.
    Johnny Phoenix likes this.
    1988 Suzuki Savage
    1987 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponosred Links