What a waste. - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: What a waste.

Put all that extra crap on a 2015 and then try selling if for $2500? Like another poster said....a straight stock 2015 with 1800 miles is likely worth at least $3000...and this guy ??? Unless he cobbled together a parts bike...not likely...he pissed away time and money.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Some people prefer form over function. Other than the rear tire, it’s aight. There are crazier TW builds out there for sure.

Chip,
    Look no further.
    I have a 2015 TW200 with only about 900 miles on the clock. Dealer serviced.
    The bike is set up for the street with big bad ass Bridgestone tires. Also has a tail rack, aftermarket tach, extended shift lever and te, and more.
    I can get pic's to you next week as I am traveling.
    I am in the Milwaukee, WI area.
    Reason for sale: Bike is just a bit high for me and with arthritis is both hips, getting on and off is a bridge too far.
    I used the bike as my "In town" scoot. Battery on trickle charger over the winter.
    PM me with your contact info and we will go from there.
    FWIW, I have sold other motorcycles and I have always used sites like this one, club newsletters, or dealer assisted. Craigs List, IMHO, has proven to me that it is the "Big Con".
    Best,
    Howard
    Darth and Smitty Blackstone like this.
    "The Obstacle is the Path"...B.K.S.Iyengar, commenting on the Practice of Yoga. The Iyengar Style of Yoga is both the most disciplined and precise.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Been looking for a deal on a TW200 for a while. Saw this ad and quickly clicked on it with high hopes. 2015 with only 1800 miles for $2500.

What a major disappointment. WHY do people do this?? It's not even close to being cool and a complete waste of a nice bike. Stop it people. If you want a Van Van, buy one.

minneapolis craigslist blah blah...
    Did you contact him and see if he still had all the stock parts?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaman View Post
    Chip,
    Look no further.
    I have a 2015 TW200 with only about 900 miles on the clock. Dealer serviced.
    The bike is set up for the street with big bad ass Bridgestone tires. Also has a tail rack, aftermarket tach, extended shift lever and te, and more.
    I can get pic's to you next week as I am traveling.
    I am in the Milwaukee, WI area.
    Reason for sale: Bike is just a bit high for me and with arthritis is both hips, getting on and off is a bridge too far.
    I used the bike as my "In town" scoot. Battery on trickle charger over the winter.
    PM me with your contact info and we will go from there.
    FWIW, I have sold other motorcycles and I have always used sites like this one, club newsletters, or dealer assisted. Craigs List, IMHO, has proven to me that it is the "Big Con".
    Best,
    Howard
    If Chip isnt interested, can I talk to you about it?

Seems like a great idea and way to devalue your bike quick.
    He’s probably selling his 2018 F-150 with a piece of plywood instead of a bed and tailgate for $30K also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malamute.

Yes, by all means.
    Malamute likes this.
    "The Obstacle is the Path"...B.K.S.Iyengar, commenting on the Practice of Yoga. The Iyengar Style of Yoga is both the most disciplined and precise.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty Blackstone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
    Whole Lot of Stupid out there...[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.tw200forum.com/forum/images/smilies/sad.gif[/IMG]
    And that Stupid thinks it has talent.

Can anyone explain to me why someone would want to express their creative individualism by ordering the same crap "custom" parts from Japan as all the other creative individualists?

And dont ever dare to use the word "restored" to refer to one of these P'sOS.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    That craigslist ad is the truth that not all hero’s wear capes... the bike hath been...

...restored

Junior Member Madeline Murray Ohare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Been looking for a deal on a TW200 for a while. Saw this ad and quickly clicked on it with high hopes. 2015 with only 1800 miles for $2500.

What a major disappointment. WHY do people do this?? It's not even close to being cool and a complete waste of a nice bike. Stop it people. If you want a Van Van, buy one.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/h...950614546.html
    I actually like it. I ride my TW on the street for commuting. I can’t afford all of the fancy stuff this owner has added, but it’s cool when someone can express him/herself through mods.
    CJ7Pilot likes this.

The “customisers” serve a purpose – if you see something on-line and wonder what it would look like on a TW for instance

Looked at individually, some of the tanks and seats look really good. It’s not until you see how badly the combo works that you think again. Same deal with hollow mods, great in principle, and achieving it will teach you a lot – but I’m no fan of the end result

There have been “flat tracker” modified bikes on here that I still drool over, like the one below – but at the end of the day, that’s just me ……

d0058941_2105387.jpg
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Not my cup of tea, but to each his own. Not sure exactly what the owner was going for here. Sort of a cross between a naked bike and cafe racer...I guess. Doesn't necessarily look bad, but seems like there of tons of other bikes he could have done this with for the same or less money. Not judging he's choice, but I think I'll keep my TW dirt worthy.
    2018 TW200 - Acerbis Rally Pro X-Strong Handguards, K&S mini-stalk turn signal, heavy duty skid plate, rear rack, oversized mirrors, oversized foot pegs, and extra helmet lock.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links