Comms Systems
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Comms Systems

Comms Systems

Any of you ladies or gentleman use comms systems in your helmets? Any opinions on the best ones? Best voice quality, range, number of riders connected, and ease of use?

I run a FreedConn T-Max which is awesome for riding in pairs or a group, just wondering if there are better options out there?
    Trail Woman likes this.

GOF
    Gotta listen to my wife enough with the helmet off. Not giving up the peace when it's on.
    Trail Woman and TW-Brian like this.
    1988 Suzuki Savage
    1987 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content

Bought Cardo Packtalks 3 years ago! Not perfect but very happy with them. I think they have 2 newer versions now
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker!

2005 BMWR12GS Rock Red 106k miles
    2013 TW200 - 8k- miles
    2018 X-MAX - 6k- miles

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SHAG View Post
    Bought Cardo Packtalks 3 years ago! Not perfect but very happy with them. I think they have 2 newer versions now
    Awesome, I’ll take a look at those.

I've been looking for one as well, for longer trips.

My buddy just yesterday was talking about the Cardo setup and how much he liked it. So I might look that route. IIRC he said that the Sena and Cardo can talk to eachother, but I could be making that up
    2016 TW Unmolested as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny06 View Post
    I've been looking for one as well, for longer trips.

My buddy just yesterday was talking about the Cardo setup and how much he liked it. So I might look that route. IIRC he said that the Sena and Cardo can talk to eachother, but I could be making that up
    Your guess is as good as mine, I know a lot of people use Sena from reviews and other forums mentioning it. I’ll check out more info on the Cardo, haven’t heard of that one.
    Skinny06 likes this.

Cardo works well. Never tried to pair with senas. But does really well with other cardos. I added a cardo Smarth that was on clearance. Me and both the sons can converse at same time thru the woods 200 yards, around one bend in the road.

My wife and I have the Sena SMH-10. They are older technology and I have read a lot of poor reviews about this comm unit. Usually the poor reviews are from users trying to connect more than 2 devices. I don’t doubt that the SMH-10 is poor with 3 or more riders. For exactly 2 riders, which is the way My wife and use our SMH-10’s, they work great. When you buy these comm units consider the max number of units you want to connect with. I’m happy with the SMH-10 for my purposes but if I expected to connect to 3 or more riders I would be looking at units with mesh technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sena 20's for my friend and I,,, mostly because of the ability to have the GPS instructions/ Music/ Audio continue even while communicating. Audio overlay or somesuch. Leading a group it's really helpful to not to miss turns and exits. We've daisy chained up to 7 people (with 10's and other brands) with them. The range is excellent, line of sight pretty much. My friend (who's way more tech savvy than I) can answer a phone call and even link me in on the conversation. They're not without issues, linking with Sena 10's causes some odd interference some times, disrupting audio. But this may have as much to do with the Neanderthals using them and never updating the software as anything else. Was pretty happy with the 10's. I also like to have speakers mounted permenant in the helmet as well as the ability to use the custom molded earplugs just by plugging them in when on a naked or noisy bike/ride.
    It's never too late to be assimilated...

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDubs View Post
    Cardo works well. Never tried to pair with senas. But does really well with other cardos. I added a cardo Smarth that was on clearance. Me and both the sons can converse at same time thru the woods 200 yards, around one bend in the road.
    Cardo's with DMC mode (Packtalk, Packtalk Bold and Slim) will only pair with other brands in bluetooth mode. They do have the ability to bridge in other brands with some help from a teenager
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker!

2005 BMWR12GS Rock Red 106k miles
    2013 TW200 - 8k- miles
    2018 X-MAX - 6k- miles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links