Bought new 2019 TW today.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Bought new 2019 TW today.

Bought new 2019 TW today.

Bought machine today,will pick up on Wednesday. I know this has been asked 100 times but but first 2 purchases will be hand guards and bigger foot pegs. Which ones do you guys recommend? Looking for easy to install hand guards.

Thanks in advance

I asked the same question when I got mine earlier this year and tons of totally awesome people on this forum pitched in a gave some great advice, check it out:

https://www.tw200forum.com/#/topics/64504
    orrsmills and SanDue like this.

I really like my Jimbo !
    SanDue and jtstdub like this.
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker!

2005 BMWR12GS Rock Red 106k miles
    2013 TW200 - 8k- miles
    2018 X-MAX - 6k- miles

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The very first thing we did to our TW's was to break the rear frame! The owners manual says no more weight then a peanut butter sandwich and an apple. Now, if you want a drink with that lunch you will need a rear rack. A lot of members are happy with the Cyclerack. The cool kids are using the Hemann Rack. Very strong triangular bracing that has been field tested. It's not uncommon for me to carry 70 or more pounds on the tail end. Dirts a Flyen SanDue
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ken and Skinny06 like this.

SanDue- The pics look like a a ridged frame not allowing any shock movement or are my ageing eyes playing tricks.
    SanDue likes this.
    1998 HD FLHTC

2004 TW200

2004 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by BillMichaels View Post
    SanDue- The pics look like a a ridged frame not allowing any shock movement or are my ageing eyes playing tricks.
    It’s attached to the foot pegs not the swingarm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SanDue likes this.

The Tusk D-Flex hand guards will go on the stock handlebars without much hassle and they don't break the bank. Had I more money at the time I may have gone with Barkbusters instead but I have no complaints with these Tusks at all. Just take your time on the throttle tube and my advice is to use a dremel with a cone grinder and work from the center hole outward until it is the diameter of the rest of the throttle tube and keep as much tube as possible, instead of sawing off the end of the tube and losing a little bit in the process. If you're going to be doing this I recommend a set of Protaper pillow top grips while you're at it. Those pillow tops are really cheap and really comfortable.

This bike from the factory is way too lean unless you are at a very high elevation so getting to the pilot screw will really make a difference for you as well. (This bike is very lean across the whole throttle range and I'm currently awaiting a jetting kit and I'm pretty much stock other than a Twin Air dual stage air filter, although when I get the kit the snorkel is coming out and maybe opening up the airbox a little more).

If you are going off-road, a skid plate is a must in my opinion. Without it you are really taking a risk on that investment as the stock skid plate is a decoration and your crankcase will take most of the hit instead. Most seem to buy the Ricochet plate and I'm pleased with the one on mine.
    Handle bar risers make the ride more comfortable and are a cheap purchase as well. I have also have the wider cheap ebay footpegs (already on the bike when I bought it), but I'm the odd guy that actually doesn't like these wider foot pegs personally.
    SanDue, orrsmills and jtstdub like this.
    2013 TW200 "Timba Wattla"
    2013 DRZ400S
    1999 Bombardier 500 Traxter

Quote Originally Posted by BillMichaels View Post
    Good observation BillMichaels. But, I must say there has never been a Hemann Rack failure. Never in the history of the Hemann Rack has there been a report of one breaking. If I may add, the trianglular bracing of the Hemann Rack is positioned behind the riders legs and not in front like the cycle rack guilitene. Dirts a Flyen SanDue
    Last edited by SanDue; 08-27-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDue View Post
    Good observation BillMichaels. But, I must say there has never been a Hemann Rack failure. Never in the history of the Hemann Rack has there been a report of one breaking. If I may add that the trianglular bracing of the Hemann Rack is positioned behind the riders legs and not in front like the cycle rack guilitene. Dirts a Flyen SanDue
    Ok. I can't tell if you guys are kidding or not. I cannot find any info on a "Hemann Rack". Google can't find it. What is it? Home-made by Hemann or something?
    SanDue likes this.
    2017 Apollo 250
    2018 Yamaha TW200
    1978 Suzuki DR370

SanDue added the brace from the footpeg to the rack to provide additional support.

He goes by many names - though some his wife uses for him are not allowed to be posted here. Hi Dan! Hi Sue!
    SanDue likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links