• 1 Post By TheFunkyMonkey
  • 1 Post By Purple
  • 1 Post By Purple
  • 1 Post By Trail Woman
  • 2 Post By Apolloha
  • 1 Post By Xracer

Thread: "Yamaha" Tricker/Magician 250

"Yamaha" Tricker/Magician 250

Can't make this stuff up... I was having a look at CL ads this morning and came across this 2017 "Yamaha" Tricker/Magician 250 for sale in Atlanta: https://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/m...966824710.html

Slap a tuning fork sticker on it and you have a Yamaha. Better yet, that tuning fork sticker adds significantly to the price seeing how you can order a new Magician shipped to your door for around $1200. Expensive sticker (and ProTaper pad).
    Last edited by TheFunkyMonkey; 08-29-2019 at 09:57 AM.
    tylermoney likes this.

Must be the extra gear his has ....
    TheFunkyMonkey likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

I've seen stuff like that before- clearly a clone bike being advertised as a Japanese one. Sometimes you can tell the owner tried to "dress it up" a little by slapping Japanese logos on it, hoping to dupe an uneducated buyer who doesn't know any better. Although sometimes they come out of the box with blatant trademark violations, or logos that are reaaaaaaaly similar to a Japanese one at least at a casual glance.

I've also seen people say BS like it was "Yamaha style" or "made by Yamaha" or "has a Yamaha engine" or something like that, again to try and dance around that it's a POS clone bike that are next to worthless secondhand.

I just flag the ads as spam when I come across them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

These are made in China and designed for one trip and throw away.
    "Life Member NRA"

That's an unfair comment - I'd expect at least three trips ....
    jeepster09 likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

I have actually seen a chinese bike treated like a trials bike for a year and aside from replacing cheap hardware only needed CNC hubs since the cast "aluminum" ones crumbled. You get what you pay for.
    jeepster09 likes this.
    Hidden Content
    My T-Dub! Hidden Content
    Youtube Channel Hidden Content

I have a china bike. Apollo 250. I have beat the crap out of it. It keeps on going. I admit some of the stuff is cheap. Spokes need attention and the suspension leaves you looking for more adjustments. But the frame and swing arm are better than my TW. The motor is great. OHC 229cc. I have changed the oil several times and never saw any metal or slivers of gasket. I use the TW for 2 up dirt roads with the wife and some pavement. The Apollo goes in the rough stuff. Some of the cheaper versions like the magician are not that great. Some like the Apollo and the SSR are very well built.

Relabelling anything and selling it for something else seems like a crime to me. But there are people that do it and people that just don't know what they a re looking at. I could see a young kid looking for a bike. Then some scum bag cheats him/her. That is really $##ty.
    Trail Woman and Ken like this.
    2017 Apollo 250
    2018 Yamaha TW200
    1978 Suzuki DR370

When I worked at a Honda shop we had people bringing us clone bikes all the time. Seems they were told any Honda dealer could get them parts and best of all warranty work!
    We ended up with some very unhappy folks when we explained the true facts to them.
    admiral likes this.

What a shame. You've got to do your research for any bike you buy. I am old enough to know not to believe anyone selling something without knowing them or their item. The young and the "low information" crowd gets taken all the time.
    2017 Apollo 250
    2018 Yamaha TW200
    1978 Suzuki DR370

Sponosred Links