Riding boots for TW - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Riding boots for TW

I broke my little toe on a motorcycle once – the surgeon counted eleven breaks and gave up counting

It surprises me that few boots use metal toe caps …..
    Ken and TeeDoubleUTwoHundred like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Senior Member TeeDoubleUTwoHundred's Avatar
    I bet that hurt forever, too.
    2017 TW200 -> Hand Guards-Chain-Foot Pegs-Skid Plate-Shifter-Grips-Mirrors-Fuel Filter-Fender-Levers

Happened when I was 18 - 62 now so pretty much over it - but yeah, I remember the lesson well .....
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Mio
    Mine are Sidi kidsbootscuzmyfeetaresmallIguess.

Riding boots will probably be my next major purchase. I've been riding with heavy duty Wolverine hiking boots.

Those of you that wear riding boots, do you pretty much have to wear them with riding pants? Just wondering if boot purchase means you need to also purchase riding pants pretty much at the same time.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

Nope. unless you want a wider leg to wear over them other wise they work fine for me with any pants tucked in.

Now having my first pair of boots and trying on a few pairs, I can now say Boots are more like a bike upgrade then a just a protective clothing upgrade. They help you interface your lowers with the bike and makes you feel more connected.

Ken
    Can anyone recommend riding boots that are worth the money? By that I mean that since they are pretty much bike only, are there any boots that last a really long time? I have read MC boot reviews and they are rated high with only a couple of years on them and falling apart. For $300.-$500. they should last 10+ years in my book. Also, are there any crossover boots, good for off road and street that are functional as well as protective?
    Apolloha and Hoot Gibson like this.
    1993 TW200 just shy of 46,000 miles

I'm with the other guys that say spend money on this one thing.....I just got Sidi Crossfire 2's for my dirt based adventures and can't speak highly enough of them. They are stiff and take some getting used to, but with a slight adjustment to my shifter and brake pedal by the end of the first day riding I felt totally natural in them. I grew up snowboarding in the stiffest boots I could find, so wearing a stiff plastic boot isn't that big of a deal to me. They are bombproof, inspire confidence, and while they were really spendy - they are much cheaper than even the cheapest ER visit!

But ......I wouldn't want to hike in them! So this weekend when I'm out scouting for deer on the TW, I'll be packing some hiking boots in my panniers along with the rest of my camping stuff!

GOF
    I can't think I'm actually going to do much off road exploring or jumping dumpsters or whatever. I already need a knee replacement. Probably get this old girl back in shape and ride her around town. I think I'll be ok with my work boots or flip-flops.
    1988 Suzuki Savage
    1987 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content

Sidi crossfire 2 SRS. You can replace the soles yourself unlike others so they last and last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links