Had a real double take the other day, a very close look-a-like to mine!
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FIRE UP

Thread: Had a real double take the other day, a very close look-a-like to mine!

Had a real double take the other day, a very close look-a-like to mine!

Gents,
    The other day, the wife and I were pulling into a gas station to gas up our truck when, I pulled around one of the pumps to line up and, low and behold, there was a guy fueling a TW, an '07, just like mine! Wow, what are the chances of this? Well, I was on the opposite side of the pumps from him when I started fueling. So, I stuck up a conversation. I looked right at his bike and, I thought man, it's identical to mine. But, something was not right. How come the fuel petcock was encased in the side plastics? And what's this tool case and lift handle attached to the left rear side? And the final straw, how come this bike's got a small back tire? Well, he and I were talking and, that bike was an '07 for sure but, it was an XT 225. I'd never seen one in person. I'd heard of you folks talking about them but, never really seen one.

That little XT looked almost like a twin to my '07 but, I had to see the fine details that, well, are larger now that I see them. But, they are, very similar.
    Scott
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    Retired SDFD, 30 years,
    2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD CAT C-7 330HP
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Caliente red
    2007 TW 200 "Blue Noid"
    2115 Jeep JKUR Rubicon
    2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4
    HAM, KI6OND
    Me, the wife and our killer Mini Schnauzer, "Sophie"

The engines are identical except for the long output shaft on the TW, and I believe the carbs are different.
    The XT225 is super easy to maintain...just like the TW. When I had my 07 jetted just right, she could lift the front wheel at a traffic light....but as I don't like to do wheelies, that didn't happen often.
    Supposedly, the XT225 tank will fit the TW.

Unfortunately, the XT wasn't a good fit for me. So I sold it and its bigger brother the XT250.
    2008 TW200
    Southwest corner of BC Canada

YouTube channel: Hidden Content

Sponosred Links