Memorable spills? - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Memorable spills?

Falls/crashes/booboo's,
    Whatever you want to call them, ARE NOT FUN! Some take a more serious toll on our bodies than others. This burn I've received by far, is the largest not only burn but, the largest INJURY I've incurred while on a motorcycle. And I've been on and off them for over 50 years. Admiral, that does NOT LOOK FUN! I'm assuming you came out fine on that one.
    Scott
    admiral and Darth like this.
    Retired SDFD, 30 years,
    2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD CAT C-7 330HP
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Caliente red
    2007 TW 200 "Blue Noid"
    2115 Jeep JKUR Rubicon
    2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4
    HAM, KI6OND
    Me, the wife and our killer Mini Schnauzer, "Sophie"

Ouches....So far my shift lever has taken the most abuse. Which is one reason I'm raising the suspension 2 inches and getting a lever made to fold. I got misdirected out of a rut and scuffed the side of tree and flopped over after. Scrapped my leg a little but was mad about my lever being bent. Luckily this one was only in the trail behind the house so I was able to slip the clutch to get me home since I was stuck in 2nd.
    folded lever.jpg
    Last edited by Trail Woman; 09-06-2019 at 08:00 AM.
    GOF, admiral and Darth like this.

I've had a few spills on the TW, but thankfully nothing too crazy.

This past weekend I went to an Adventure park. Had two specific spills. One was up a pretty steep grade hill that was also a turn. I had just gone down the hill ... nervously At the bottom of the hill I saw the sign for the trail I had somehow found myself on, and it was much too difficult for my skill-level. On my attempt to get back up the hill, I hit a rock, bounced up and almost off the seat, and then of course whiskey throttled the bike to the left of the trail into some branches. Dropped the bike. It's much harder to pick up a bike by yourself on a grade All was well, and I managed to get myself out.

Then later in the day after several hours of riding, I was coming around a corner on a trail, and there was a group of ATV folks. The leader was for some reason continuing to go left towards me rather than moving over to the right side of the trail. I had to go far to my right on this muddy ledge. My front tire (the death wing) slipped out and I went into a bush where the bike stop, and I went tumbling off. Again, all was well, and I was able to untangle the bike from the bush/tree it was now stuck in. I didn't attached the ATV rider, but I wanted to

My most memorable spill was getting hit by a car a few years back on my SV650. This lady in the middle turn lane that was ultimately trying to turn left across traffic into a gas station, decided to make her move right as I was passing her. I attempted to brake/swerve left, but it was too late. The front-left side of the bike hit, my leg smashed between my bike and the car, and then I flew over top of the hood onto my back in the next lane over. Thank whatever greater power you believe in that there weren't any cars there. My legs both felt like they had exploded and were on fire. Never felt anything like it before or since. I was about .5mi from my house too! My wife had literally just gone into a yoga class, which means phone off for the next 90min at least. My dogs had been in the house all day and needed letting out. My adrenaline was pumping, so I refused an ambulance ride. They confirmed my head was fine, so they let me go. The police/ambulance came insanely fast, as did a tow truck. They left equally as fast, and the tow truck guy had to have me help him get my bike on his truck... and that's when I had started hurting much more. Called a neighbor and got a ride home. Boy o boy did my body start ringing once I got home.

Bike was totaled, my left fibula was fractured, and I had quite the hematoma. I was wearing a jacket, leather boots, helmet and gloves. It could've been much much worse.

IMG_2173.JPG
    IMG_2187.JPG
    IMG_2184.JPG
    Last edited by tylermoney; 09-06-2019 at 12:51 PM.
    admiral and Darth like this.
    2019 Yamaha TW200
    - DGv2 Slip On
    - Custom Oil Cooler
    - Manracks Seat Rack
    - Ricochet Skid Plate
    - Oversizzed Footpegs
    - Cycra ProBend Handguards

1973 Yamaha RD350
    - In pieces in my garage Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Ouch times 2 Tylermoney. My legs started hurting just reading about your crash.
    tylermoney and Darth like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Ouch times 2 Tylermoney. My legs started hurting just reading about your crash.
    Hah, yea, I can imagine.

Oh. Not sure how I forgot, and maybe this is TMI, but my nether regions on the left-side also experienced some type of impact, and were significantly swollen and dark purple for days. I must've blocked that part out of my mind, as it was by far the most terrifying part!
    Last edited by tylermoney; 09-06-2019 at 12:50 PM.
    admiral, Dryden-Tdub and Darth like this.
    2019 Yamaha TW200
    - DGv2 Slip On
    - Custom Oil Cooler
    - Manracks Seat Rack
    - Ricochet Skid Plate
    - Oversizzed Footpegs
    - Cycra ProBend Handguards

1973 Yamaha RD350
    - In pieces in my garage Hidden Content

Ouch!
    1988 Suzuki Savage
    1987 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content

So, there we were...me & my Old Lady, out for a little cruise, just riding along minding our own business.
    I was just relaxing, looking around, scratching my nuts and thinking about that special little "birthday present" she gave me last night when right out of nowhere, WHAM...there he was and down we went!
    It was plainly the other guy's fault but he wouldn't admit it.
    Scared the Hell out of my wife and pissed me off!
    Tore the bike up little bit and skinned my elbow, but the worst part of it all was scattering a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon all over the road and busting a fresh bottle of Four Roses! And ripped the little teddy bear clean off the sissy bar!
    A total loss...and I got a $500 ticket!

You think I should sue?

https://www.facebook.com/DailyMail/v...3496589017660/
    Kayak, GOF and tylermoney like this.
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by tylermoney View Post
    Hah, yea, I can imagine.

Oh. Not sure how I forgot, and maybe this is TMI, but my nether regions on the left-side also experienced some type of impact, and were significantly swollen and dark purple for days. I must've blocked that part out of my mind, as it was by far the most terrifying part!
    truly a double whammy...…

Darth, SUE! With that footage, it's obviously the fault of the caravan manufacturer.... Thanks, need a laugh.
    GOF and Darth like this.
    It's never too late to be assimilated...

Admiral...HO LEE KOW!
    Were you killed?

admiral and Malamute like this.
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponosred Links