Memorable spills? - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Memorable spills?

I was the first one out of a green light and got t-boned by a Lexus. The driver was an ER doc. He was on his cell phone and claims he didn't see the light change. I saw him coming and lifted my foot out of the way. His bumper destroyed the footpeg where my foot had been.

When he ran up to where I was laying on the street and identified himself as a doc I said, "I hear you guys call these donorcycles." He was not amused.

There was a cop right driving right behind me. There was an ambulance right behind the cop.

My 1986 Honda V65 Magna got a bunch of new parts. All I got was some glass taken out of my leg. Lucky days . . .
    Darth and Fred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    So, there we were...me & my Old Lady, out for a little cruise, just riding along minding our own business.
    I was just relaxing, looking around, scratching my nuts and thinking about that special little "birthday present" she gave me last night when right out of nowhere, WHAM...there he was and down we went!
    It was plainly the other guy's fault but he wouldn't admit it.
    Scared the Hell out of my wife and pissed me off!
    Tore the bike up little bit and skinned my elbow, but the worst part of it all was scattering a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon all over the road and busting a fresh bottle of Four Roses! And ripped the little teddy bear clean off the sissy bar!
    A total loss...and I got a $500 ticket!

You think I should sue?

https://www.facebook.com/DailyMail/v...3496589017660/
    Hey Darth,
    Just wondering. I must be an idiot or something. I don't understand the dynamics of the street there. The trailer *looks* like it's in an emergency lane. The line on it's left is a solid line, not broken like there should be between two lanes in the same direction. Was there or, is there two lanes in the same direction or, was the motorcycle passing where they shouldn't have and ran into oncoming traffic? Help me understand will you?
    Scott
    Retired SDFD, 30 years,
    2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD CAT C-7 330HP
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Caliente red
    2007 TW 200 "Blue Noid"
    2115 Jeep JKUR Rubicon
    2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4
    HAM, KI6OND
    Me, the wife and our killer Mini Schnauzer, "Sophie"

Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    Admiral...HO LEE KOW!
    Were you killed?

Landing in sand in wonderful. The other photo was of me in Moab on Hells Revenge. Landing on the rock was a little more abrupt. Me skirted Davey Jones' locker for now!
    Darth likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I heard he died both times. But he's feeling much better now!
    Malamute likes this.
    1988 Suzuki Savage
    1987 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
    Hey Darth,
    Just wondering. I must be an idiot or something. I don't understand the dynamics of the street there. The trailer *looks* like it's in an emergency lane. The line on it's left is a solid line, not broken like there should be between two lanes in the same direction. Was there or, is there two lanes in the same direction or, was the motorcycle passing where they shouldn't have and ran into oncoming traffic? Help me understand will you?
    Scott
    Scott, you know as much about it as I do...I wasn't there, either.
    A friend of mine in Italy sent it to me, might have been there.
    I was just joshin'!
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

A small group of us went to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon to camp and sightsee. There was some gravel out on the pavement, my rear wheel spun out sideways to the right (going a whole 25 mph). There was a noticeable drop-off right beside the road, when I noticed the bike sliding that direction i pushed off from it. the bike stopped with the wheels just out over the edge, we pulled it back to stand it up. It broke the clutch lever mount, skinned up the left tank, scratched the primary cover clutch cover, and made some skinned up spots on the left hand where it was still on the handlebar when it was sliding on the pavement. I had a spare lever bracket. Just looked, I can still see shiny spot on the knuckle of the little finger of my left hand. I was wearing deerskin pants, they were scuffed, but the knuckle on my left hand was the only thing that was hurt on me. It could have been worse. It was about 1983.

47 FL Az NRGC 83.jpg
    TW-curious

Current dirt road and all purpose bike 84 FXSB

~"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt.~

I’ll keep mine short. Newbie. Been practicing a lot on sandy powerline roads. Finally did the written test and took off to Calico Ghost town I think mule canyon. Really loose rocks. Made it. Then tried up a hill. Didn’t make it. My first spill. Cool. Took a pic. Thought I’m not gonna kill myself trying this so soon backtracked saw a side road/ path to my left slowed and turned on very loose gravel and just ate it. Bike said not today. Flipped over not sure if it fell on my leg or my foot got caught and faced backwards while the rest of me was judo thrown off .Heard a few snaps through my music and went omg I’m so screwed. Luckily I ended up with a small golf ball ankle. Twisted up my through knee and groin. I guess it could have been worse. Thank god nothing was poking out. But still on the mend. Happened 5 days ago. Can’t wait to ride again. Maybe just not over there.. yet..
    Darth and Trail Woman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Backlund View Post
    judo thrown off
    This is why I refer to the stock front tire commonly called the Death Wing as the Judo Master.

So after the burnt clutch in the deep hole in the Idaho backcountry last September, we got my friends bike out. Left mine to be attacked by a bear. Anyways, we decided to ride double since I had to leave my bike in the hole after I rode his out to a more manageable-sort-of-trail kind of...

I was on back, when my buddy jump uphill, off the trail... "Oh shit" we're the words he said after he stalled the bike...we slid back down the hill and somehow I did a complete backflip off the back, catching my arm on the chainsaw mounted on the rear rack, and continued to filp over down the mountain with my bow on my backpack. I finally stopped in a pile of rocks and logs. Luckily I didn't break anything but the sight on my bow. I had enough alcohol back at camp to dull the pain. Hurt for several weeks afterwards. That was day 1 or 2 of a week long trip. The older I get, the longer my recovery time seems to be.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mel, GOF, tylermoney and 1 others like this.

I just got my TDub last week. It's my first bike and the only one I've ever ridden. I was going through a creek on about day three and got stuck in this mud hole and fell over. No biggie I was going maybe 2mph and the water was shallow I thought it was funny, honestly. But, when I got the bike back home and looked at it damn if I hadn't dented the tank! It's a small dent, and I'll try to remove it. It hit a wooden landscaping spike that some hippie put down for "erosion control"! All I can really do is shrug it off and say It was going to happen eventually anyway, I already got my good pictures of the bike lol! I'll attach some pics of the dent shortly, maybe you guys have some suggestions on how I should get it out?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TDubbery; Today at 07:38 AM. Reason: Added Picture
    admiral likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponosred Links