What have you done with your TW today? - Page 508
Close

Page 508 of 528 FirstFirst ... 8408458498506507508509510518 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,080 of 5279
Like Tree12543Likes

Thread: What have you done with your TW today?

Well that van did shed a brake caliper bolt and then the caliper far in the backcountry bringing things to an unpleasant grinding halt. Raced 30 miles on the TW back into nearest town but alas only auto parts store had no 12mm x 1.50 x 45mm bolt. Ended up strapping the caliper to the rear axle with a chunk of wood between the pads "Here, bite on this!" and driving home with 3 brakes. Still a fine trip and I do ask alot of that nimble little Astro 4x4; it gets me into, and usually out of, nice locations.
    SanDue, elime, Ken and 2 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Ended up strapping the caliper to the rear axle with a chunk of wood between the pads "Here, bite on this!" and driving home with 3 brakes. .
    Excellent idea! I have to remember that.
    Ken likes this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Today I rode my T-Dub to the hardware store several times to get supplies. First to clear coat one of my V-star 1100’s. It’s all cleared and curing. Will reassemble tomorrow or early next week. Second was to get supplies to hang my granddaughters new swing. That went well and she loves it! It was a good day.
    Ken likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by reddave View Post
    Doesn't get much better than a van and a TW, Fred! Today I replaced my 1987 motor with the '88 I picked up for $550. I have to transplanted the old flywheel, stator, and left engine cover in order to utilize the 1987 CDI. Since I'm waiting on a new cover gasket and flywheel removal tool (I read about the trick but I'm not risking messing up my rear axle doing it twice) I decided I should re-finish the engine cover anyway so I removed the stator from the cover and began prepping for paint.
    When you get the flywheel removal bolt. I suggest oil it well, use an air impact wrench preferably and run it down until it stops, hit it a couple of times, back it out some, run it down again, repeat this procedure a few times until it pops off. Mine did not come off easily but that worked and I was so glad I had an air impact wrench. I put anti-seize when I reinstall just to make sure next time might be easier.
    1993 TW200 just shy of 46,000 miles

I changed my oil last night. It was about 1200mi since my last oil change, which was for 600mi service marker. I waiting a little longer than I had planned.

... twus dirty and definitely needed changing. The filter had quite a bit of junk in it, so I went ahead and changed that with a new one.

Side note: I definitely appreciate that Ricochet set up their skid plate to work with oil changes, as the job is quite easy w/o having to also take the skid plate off.

This week I need to adjust and clean my chain as well.
    2019 Yamaha TW200
    - DGv2 Slip On
    - Custom Oil Cooler
    - Manracks Seat Rack
    - Ricochet Skid Plate
    - Oversizzed Footpegs
    - Cycra ProBend Handguards

1973 Yamaha RD350
    - In pieces in my garage Hidden Content

For the first time in 8 years decided to re install the factory airbox/battery tray and lose my K&N pod set up. Also decided to put a battery with charge in it after using only the kicker for the last year or more. Opened the petcock for a few seconds to fill the bowl, give it half choke, hit the button and BAM, she fires back up! Can't wait to test ride and see where my fuel/air mixture is at, may have to go back down on the main.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Well that van did shed a brake caliper bolt and then the caliper far in the backcountry bringing things to an unpleasant grinding halt. Raced 30 miles on the TW back into nearest town but alas only auto parts store had no 12mm x 1.50 x 45mm bolt. Ended up strapping the caliper to the rear axle with a chunk of wood between the pads "Here, bite on this!" and driving home with 3 brakes. Still a fine trip and I do ask alot of that nimble little Astro 4x4; it gets me into, and usually out of, nice locations.
    great macGyvering... though i wouldn't want to have to ride in your van down ebbett's that way!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ZXtasy View Post
    For the first time in 8 years decided to re install the factory airbox/battery tray and lose my K&N pod set up. Also decided to put a battery with charge in it after using only the kicker for the last year or more. Opened the petcock for a few seconds to fill the bowl, give it half choke, hit the button and BAM, she fires back up! Can't wait to test ride and see where my fuel/air mixture is at, may have to go back down on the main.
    zxTasy,

just wanted to throw it out there, your long ago write up on the zombification of your tdub was a real inspiration for my bike's morph. still today, your and catamount's write ups write ups are among the best.
    glad you're still enjoying your bike on many a zombie stomp!

ride on,

joe band
    ZXtasy likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

After work yesterday, I had to run to Costco and Trader Joe's, then go home to check on the neighbors dogs (as well as my own), put the groceries away, and then jumped on the TW!

I road about 40mi on back roads just enjoying the sunset and clearing my mind. It was a groovy evening.
    2019 Yamaha TW200
    - DGv2 Slip On
    - Custom Oil Cooler
    - Manracks Seat Rack
    - Ricochet Skid Plate
    - Oversizzed Footpegs
    - Cycra ProBend Handguards

1973 Yamaha RD350
    - In pieces in my garage Hidden Content

Mio
    Oil change at 139 miles. Found a big chunk of metal that fell through the oil drain and cleaned the oil filter for more bits and pieces. Been putting in ethanol-free gas and filling up the gas cans with them, too. Bought new riding gloves as my Mechanix pair doesn't really have protection.

Sponosred Links