Ate it on my tw200
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    So basically, I wiped out on my tw200 today. It slipped under me trying to go up a small hill because the ground was too soft due to rain and mud. My question is, how durable are TW200's in relation to falls? Mind you, where I and it fell was mushy grass and mud, but i'm worried. I don't think it's leaking anything, but i'll have to check again. What should I check to make sure everything is in top shape and the bike is ridable? Thanks guys.

Info: 2009 TW200. Landed on right side, where the rear break pedal is.
    2009 TW200, first time rider!

Quote Originally Posted by decade03 View Post
    What should I check to make sure everything is in top shape and the bike is ridable? Thanks guys.

Info: 2009 TW200. Landed on right side, where the rear break pedal is.

Doesn't sound like a big deal (except for the pride, I suppose). Just park it and look for any dripping of oil. Also look the cables over for kinks or cuts and lights for damage. They are designed to get dirty and dropped a lot, so go get it dirty and drop it a lot!

Probably the only damage it could suffer is broken turn signals and bent or broken levers. The bike is more durable than you think

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

As stated above....just check for any leaks,bent levers and the like!......TW is QUITE robust.....to say the least!!!.

give it a good washing/cleaning...and use a leaf blower to dry it then look for issues

Same thing happened to me on Tuesday, except it was on a sand track and a tow truck came around the corner. Luckily I halfway expected it and so I just laid her down. My brother in law behind me was able to stop in time. Picked her up, quick look over, brushed the dirt off and continued the trip. Little pain in the leg but the bike was fine. First "crash" in 14k miles. This bike is quite forgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Same thing happened to me on Tuesday, except it was on a sand track and a tow truck came around the corner. Luckily I halfway expected it and so I just laid her down. My brother in law behind me was able to stop in time. Picked her up, quick look over, brushed the dirt off and continued the trip. Little pain in the leg but the bike was fine. First "crash" in 14k miles. This bike is quite forgiving.

Indeed! Before I even went up I knew it was going to happen, just didn't react in time to stop myself. Little ankle pain but it's better than a highway collision and a trip to the hospital.

Everything seems fine gentlemen. Brake lights work and nothing seems to be leaking. I figured it was quite durable but i wasn;t sure! First drop EVER but glad I only got a muddy ass and a dirty bike as a result!

Typically it's just a little leaked gas and the signals and levers. You heal a lot easier than it, but you break a lot easier than it as well.

If you haven't already, get rid of the stock front tire and put a Shinko 244 on there. It'll make washing out happen a lot less. And try to live on the rear brake in slick stuff, unless you're risking rolling backwards.

I've dropped mine off road every single time I ride off road. tws are made to be dropped.
    2012 TW200, 1993 KLR650, 1992 GSX750F

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links