• 8 Post By Nichea
  • 1 Post By Scooterbrained
  • 2 Post By Purple
  • 1 Post By Scooterbrained
  • 2 Post By Xracer

Thread: Madagascar

Madagascar

Hi there T Dubbers

Well well did I get the surprise of my life ..... Im working in Madagascar (biggest Island in the world) for the last 16 months. It is a VERY poor country and where I am at the south end (Fort Dauphin) it is very rural and primitive and if it was not for the mine there would not be much happening here.

The locals ride little scooters mostly and the taxis are "Tuc Tuc's" I dropped another expat off at the airport and to my surprise I saw a TW 200 parked at the entrance. Flabbergasted and trying to figure out how it got here I started looking for the owner. Anyway the first question to him was HOW MUCH , he just grinned at me shaking his head. Thru an interpreter he told me the bike was brought to Madagascar from France by a French tourist that toured the country for 6 months rode it to the airport and gave it away to this lucky chap and off he went.

There is fabulous riding trails out here and I have so many times wished that my T Dub was here. Well I will just have to wait till December to get my turn
    Regards

Tuc Tuc ?
    littletommy likes this.
    '16 Yamaha TW200 '08 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad '07 Kawasaki KLX250 '93 BMW R100GS Bumblebee (Mothballed)
    '99 Tacoma SR5 4WD '58 Willys CJ5 '90's Honda 4514 hydro riding mower '90's Honda 5013 compact tractor 4WD & 4W Steering

Three wheel 2 stroke (normaly) taxi

4de9d2067e10a9e5766bf7dfbc6a18eb.jpg
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the enlightenment, Purple!
    littletommy likes this.
    '16 Yamaha TW200 '08 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad '07 Kawasaki KLX250 '93 BMW R100GS Bumblebee (Mothballed)
    '99 Tacoma SR5 4WD '58 Willys CJ5 '90's Honda 4514 hydro riding mower '90's Honda 5013 compact tractor 4WD & 4W Steering

Nice and it looks like you can sleep in it too.
    littletommy and Purple like this.

I thought Madagascar's social democrats murdered all the french colonials back they when took over in 1958. Nice to know place accepts french tourists these days, or at least their money is welcome.
    Their first social democrat president, Philibert Tsiranana, only lasted in office 2 months. Maybe America's proposed social democrat presidential candidate will last longer.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I thought Madagascar's social democrats murdered all the french colonials back they when took over in 1958.
    History does have an unforunate habit of repeating itsel .....
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Sponosred Links