Anti Vibe Foot Pegs?
Close

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Fred
  • 2 Post By Purple
  • 2 Post By Skinny06

Thread: Anti Vibe Foot Pegs?

Anti Vibe Foot Pegs?

Just picked up a nearly new TW today. I am having an ankle replaced and the doc recommended minimizing any vibration to the replacement so I am looking for the most vibration free foot peg I can mount on the mule. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you

Know of no anti vibe foot pegs but gel inserts for your footwear might help .
    admiral and UncleRandy like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Welcome to the forum!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

If you do a Google search, you will find many cheap Chinese pegs, and a few “more expensive” ones However, they all have one thing in common – rubber – the trouble with that is rubber gets slippery when wet. However, if all you intend to ride is roads, rubber coated pegs are perfectly acceptable

I understand that Harley’s use rubber not only underfoot, but also on the frame mounts – which will take a bit of creativity to achieve on the TW

As a compromise – take a look at these - https://www.advpulse.com/adv-product...ture-footpegs/

Horrendously expensive on the face of it, but then do you really want to go through ankle surgery again ?

https://www.fasstco.com/products/imp...nt=31833971918
    Last edited by Purple; 10-30-2019 at 03:57 AM.
    Ken and admiral like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Hmmm. I can offer suggestions but they are temporary. Essentially just band-aids until you heal, and as aforementioned, will be slippery wet or offroad.

I've had metal footpegs that wore down and became slick. In the meantime I took heavy duty hose (this was brewery hose but you could use heavy duty vinyl, or rubber), that took much effort to slide over the peg it self. It provided some cushion and greatly reduced vibration. I then siped the surface that was on the top to give me better traction. It worked well for a little while until my replacement pegs came in.
    Ken and Scooterbrained like this.
    2016 TW. "Jolene"
    Extended clutch, brake, throttle lines. 2"Bar riser, Pro Taper ATV High bars.

Have never heard of excess vibration at the footpegs. Probably because overshadowed by vibey handgrip/handlebars or seat.
    But... maybe as simple as Dr. Schols or other gell insert in you shoes, something like that?
    2008 Vespa 150"S" (Elec & Kick Start)
    2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
    2006 Yamaha TW200 (Elec & Kick Start)
    1995 BMW K75 (Elec Start)
    1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only)
    1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)
    1969 BMW r60/2, US Model (Kick Start Only)

I would put my money into good boots and wider foot pegs rather than trying to find rubber covered pegs. The wider pegs offer much better grip and spread out the pressure. I've never noticed any vibration through the wider pegs and my Sidi Adventure boots with Vibram soles. Just imagine what your Doc will say if your foot slips off the rubber pegs and breaks that new ankle!!
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Sponosred Links