2019 TW sub frame possibly bent from factory
Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ZXtasy
  • 1 Post By jb882

Thread: 2019 TW sub frame possibly bent from factory

2019 TW sub frame possibly bent from factory

Hi...I bought a new T-dub about 3months ago..it has less than 300 miles on it never down. Looking from behind it looks like the tail light & rear reflector doesn't line up straight with the tire...kind of weird. I'm trying to overlook it but it drives me crazy being I bought it new. Thinking of taking it back to the dealer where I got it...dont think i'll get far with that.....

Sub frame is only slightly stronger than aluminum foil, just get a buddy to hold the bike and Ooomph! it back in shape.
    CJ7Pilot and JerseyJeeper like this.

It's not unheard of for a new bike to be damaged in transit. These units are typically sold to dealesr at auction. They are known as "crate damaged". If you bought the bike new from a dealer I'd ask them politely if they could help. They might do something for you as a
    matter of good will.
    Best regards,
    Bill

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Worked as a auto body tech for years and we fixed 5-10 cars a week for a local Ford dealer. Transport damage they called it. Funny thing is they never stated that the vehicles were repaired to their customers. Yes even new with the window sticker in them. If the damage was within 10 percent of retail they didn't disclose it. Of course it never got over that no matter how bad it was.

So yes you could have purchased a damaged "new" bike. Hopefully the dealer will have another bike so you can compare when you take it back.
    2017 XR650l
    2014 NC700X
    2005 ST-1300
    Wanted TW450

My front end didn't line up quite right from factory. Go get you some face time with a gravel road, fixed my TW right up, 20mph into a turn and just yippe-Kay-e that sucker... you'll have the straightest bike Yamaha never made in no time.

Both my my 06’s and just about every other tw I have looked at even brand new ones on the dealer floor have the rear fender slightly tweaked.
    Peterb likes this.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

Mine (all 3) look tweaked in the rear. They feel straight when riding.
    An idiot with a thesaurus is still an idiot.

Sponosred Links