Look what followed me home last night!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Look what followed me home last night!

Look what followed me home last night!

I saw this in the Classified section here posted by member greguw and thought one of us would jump on this beauty. After lots of thought and intrigue and no one stepping up I had to do it. It was a miserable drive from my home to Gregs that ended up being a full 8 hour round trip in bumper to bumper traffic but his bike is now in my garage and I hope I might get to keep this one because it is fully road legal and came with a real title.

Greg is a master builder of custom bikes and I can't believe he did not just keep this highly and very well built beast.

It is a 1998 Suzuki DR350 but rebuilt with lots of various parts from at least 4 or 5 different brand bikes, Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha and I am sure some other re fabricated parts and pieces. Very well appointed and lots of work went into this one for sure. I have not yet tossed my leg over it because I am dealing with a nasty back issue at the moment but Greg was kind enough to do a domo ride for me at pick up and all looks and seems fine with performance and function. I will name this baby "Trail Hopper" since the local trails I have around me require short hops on local roads of around 3-5 miles from my home and this one will be plated and road legal but will always be more happy off the pavement. I don't have to do a single thing that I can see so far because Greg did it all already. Well done sir!

Now if I can get my arthritis issues worked out and keep my pals with the green backs away from it I just might be back in the saddle for another couple years.

IMG_1950.JPG

IMG_1951.JPG

IMG_1953.JPG

IMG_1952.JPG

IMG_1954.JPG

Thank you Greg!

GaryL
    admiral, kj7687, Ride Now and 18 others like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Oh man that thing looks like a hoot to ride!

Nice score!
    GaryL and Scooterbrained like this.
    2016 TW. "Jolene"
    Extended clutch, brake, throttle lines. 2"Bar riser, Pro Taper ATV High bars.

I'm glad to read this, Mr. Gary. Hopefully saddle time will help, if not cure the back and Arthur issues.

Marty
    Jon62602 and GaryL like this.
    '16 Yamaha TW200 '08 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad '07 Kawasaki KLX250 '93 BMW R100GS Bumblebee (Mothballed)
    '99 Tacoma SR5 4WD '58 Willys CJ5 '90's Honda 4514 hydro riding mower '90's Honda 5013 compact tractor 4WD & 4W Steering

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterbrained View Post
    I'm glad to read this, Mr. Gary. Hopefully saddle time will help, if not cure the back and Arthur issues.

Marty
    Thanks Marty. Arthritis is a funny duck as we age. Some days good and others terrible. I just returned from a family reunion down in Hilton Head, SC and it was a 900 mile drive both ways in 5 days. The last thing I needed yesterday was another 8 hours of driving on a very sore hip and ass. Yes, activity does help a lot but today I will kick back and just relax and hope my leg feels better enough to toss it over the seat and go for a quick test ride. Sitting here at the kitchen table and looking out to the garage I can hear the bike calling to me so I better close the door.

GaryL
    Dryden-Tdub, littletommy and Mel like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Wow - nice addition! I can relate to your back and hip issues. Hope you get relief soon and get back to riding.
    GaryL likes this.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    I saw this in the Classified section here posted by member greguw and thought one of us would jump on this beauty. After lots of thought and intrigue and no one stepping up I had to do it. It was a miserable drive from my home to Gregs that ended up being a full 8 hour round trip in bumper to bumper traffic but his bike is now in my garage and I hope I might get to keep this one because it is fully road legal and came with a real title.

Greg is a master builder of custom bikes and I can't believe he did not just keep this highly and very well built beast.

It is a 1998 Suzuki DR350 but rebuilt with lots of various parts from at least 4 or 5 different brand bikes, Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha and I am sure some other re fabricated parts and pieces. Very well appointed and lots of work went into this one for sure. I have not yet tossed my leg over it because I am dealing with a nasty back issue at the moment but Greg was kind enough to do a domo ride for me at pick up and all looks and seems fine with performance and function. I will name this baby "Trail Hopper" since the local trails I have around me require short hops on local roads of around 3-5 miles from my home and this one will be plated and road legal but will always be more happy off the pavement. I don't have to do a single thing that I can see so far because Greg did it all already. Well done sir!

Now if I can get my arthritis issues worked out and keep my pals with the green backs away from it I just might be back in the saddle for another couple years.

IMG_1950.JPG

IMG_1951.JPG

IMG_1953.JPG

IMG_1952.JPG

IMG_1954.JPG

Thank you Greg!

GaryL
    Wow cool bike Gary!! Looks like a sand monster. Very nice sir.
    Cheers - Maury👍
    GaryL likes this.

Gary, you lucky dog!

I am envious of you for snagging this bike.

Have fun with it,

Brian
    GaryL likes this.

That thing looks like it could win a hand built motorcycle show.
    GaryL likes this.

Wow that’s a machine. I’ve had good luck with Cannibus for arthritis. I still can’t walk too good but once on two wheels I’m good. But not real off road. Bumps n quick maneuvers quite counter productive. Picking up a Van Van Friday. The seat n position is perfect for me.
    Is that unit street legal?
    littletommy likes this.
    Tonto
    on the "Left Coast"
    2015 BMW F700GS
    2005 V Star 1100
    lost count on TWs, 3?
    More Wagging and less Barking
    Make Love not War

If that has a VIN on the frame Gary... Vermont is your friend.
    You'll need to take a picture of it but JUST THE VIN, not a full picture of the bike. As far as they need to know it's a 1998 DR350, nothing else.

I lost my VT. plate about 5 weeks ago after I had the BW engine rebuilt. Took 3 weeks longer to get the replacement plate than it did to get the original plate, go figure.
    Now I have it double-bolted into a metal plate holder and have a hidden safety cable on it under the fender. My fender has to break off now to lose it.

May be riding her on Saturday in the Pine Barrens. I've ridden a lot of different 2 wheelers and 3 wheelers on those trails but never anything like this.
    I'll let you know how my own back is after that ride.

This used to be chrome bling when I had a Softail. Sanded/Primed/Painted/Clearcoated:

IMG_4437.jpg

IMG_4440.jpg
    littletommy likes this.
    2008 Vespa 150"S" (Elec & Kick Start)
    2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
    2006 Yamaha TW200 (Elec & Kick Start)
    1995 BMW K75 (Elec Start)
    1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only)
    1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)
    1969 BMW r60/2, US Model (Kick Start Only)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links