About to buy my first bike...T-Dub
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Feel free to share your first bike experience...(good and bad)...

Glad to be part of the forum.

-TemptMe

doesn't matter if you are 16 or 90, this is one bike that covers us all. Welcome to the tw forum, just got here myself and found that it is a very positive forum with all kinds of good help from the folks here.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    doesn't matter if you are 16 or 90, this is one bike that covers us all. Welcome to the tw forum, just got here myself and found that it is a very positive forum with all kinds of good help from the folks here.

Thanks, Plumbstraight! Hope to get the TW200 within 30 days. I'll post a photo!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Well Temptme I just want to say that when my brother wanted to give me this bike( TW 200) I thought it was too small and under powered for my kind of rideing, but after agreeing to take it to have a bike to ride I have found that it has much more potential than I thought. After much upgradeing of acceseries or farkling as some put it, it has been a fun bike to get around on. Of course it doesn't have the neck snapping power of the V-Strom 1000 I had before but the simplicity of service and ease of handleing have made this a worry free bike for me. I have come to enjoy the slower pace of the TW has let me look around me more and enjoy my suroundings as I travel . I hope this can give a perspective of another TW rider and how you to can enjoy its potential.

You can't do much better than the TW for a first bike. It was not the first bike I rode but it was the first bike I bought, and I consider it to be a keeper.

The TW is OK at just about everything, and it's just about perfect for a few extremely urban or extremely rural things, depending on your modifications.

As time goes on I feel more and more strongly that the TW is a true motorcyclists' bike. It's an excellent first bike for an aspiring motorcyclist, and as I progress in the course of my burgeoning Multiple Bike Syndrome I see how different aspects of the TW's riding character have planted various motorcycle seeds in different parts of my mind.

As it stands I only own 2 bikes, but if I had to choose I'd give up the TW last.
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

My first bike was a yamaha 80cc two stroke it was from the 70s. I must have been about 4 years old because I remember it was before I started school. I rode it up a chain link fence trying to learn to use a clutch.

You'll shoot your eye out

Good luck with her

Just learn you go where your looking so look for the path around objects

Start in a large open area

Plumbstraight, Bugman1970, DonBenito, Richie and Stromper,

Thanks to each of you for taking the time to reply. As I tiptoe into most financial decisions, my reading has introduced me to a bunch of opinions on mods to the TW. Of the many, these few seem like reasonable considerations, even as a first time rider (my intent is to use this bike primarily on the road, with ability to off-road):

a) Larger gas tank

Rear sprocket change (50 down to 47) for improved top-end speed

c) Brackets/luggage compartments for rear and or sides.

d) Windscreen extension

Perhaps someone out there has opinions, thoughts, recommendations. At this point, I'm open to considering leaving the bike stock. But as I do not foresee selling it, possibly ever, I feel this is a great bike to personalize. Eventually, I'll change the color. But for now, please share your thoughts on the four items above.

Thanks again for welcoming me to this forum. Love the thought that this little bike has such a cult-like following. Speaks volumes.

Also, do you ride year-round?

-TemptMe

Quote Originally Posted by TemptMe View Post
    Plumbstraight, Bugman1970, DonBenito, Richie and Stromper,

Thanks to each of you for taking the time to reply. As I tiptoe into most financial decisions, my reading has introduced me to a bunch of opinions on mods to the TW. Of the many, these few seem like reasonable considerations, even as a first time rider (my intent is to use this bike primarily on the road, with ability to off-road):

a) Larger gas tank

Rear sprocket change (50 down to 47) for improved top-end speed

c) Brackets/luggage compartments for rear and or sides.

d) Windscreen extension

Perhaps someone out there has opinions, thoughts, recommendations. At this point, I'm open to considering leaving the bike stock. But as I do not foresee selling it, possibly ever, I feel this is a great bike to personalize. Eventually, I'll change the color. But for now, please share your thoughts on the four items above.

Thanks again for welcoming me to this forum. Love the thought that this little bike has such a cult-like following. Speaks volumes.

Also, do you ride year-round?

-TemptMe
    sorry for the quote, missed a key somehow.

Cult following. That is something that really surprised me. I have had mine since new in 03 and just found this forum. I have riddin mine in alaska and here in washington. I have a couple of quads, but really the TW will go anywhere I can take a quad and is much more fuel effecient. I only have about 1900 mi on mine and as I just retired last year I plan to try to wear it out in the next 20. I just had a glitch in my plans as I found I had cancer in a routine physical. Was lucky enough to get right in and have them take out the bad stuff. It seems they caught it before it had a chance to spread into the lymph system so I dodged that bullet. I think I may have posted this somewhere else. If you are over 50 get a colonoscopy. It does run in my family and I had just had a check up and was clean 4 and a half years ago. It came that fast and was the size of an orange. This is something you do not want to play with. Denial in this case is a death sentence. Ok enough with preaching.

Can't wait to get healed up enough to get back out and enjoy the bike and quads. Will be in May or so. Moab is on my bucket list

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links