Fast Tdub
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fast Tdub

Yesterday after a long day of working a motorcycle show and getting bikes loaded on a semi to haul back to the dealer I rode the tdub home.

I was really cold all after being outside with a t-shirt in the 40 degree weather getting things loaded up and when I got on tdub I did not have an really warm clothes.

My normal route has about 5 miles of divided highway that I have had her up to 50 indicated tops. It just reached about 600 miles and I decided this was the right day to let it rip.

So I was in a full tuck resting on my stuffed tank bag to keep the wind off my chest and my feet were on the passenger pegs. I opened the throttle until there was no more place to go. Slowly I started to gain speed and soon I was pulling back and passing slower traffic. I almost let off but thought "hey how often do you get the opportunity to pass traffic on a tdub?" and kept into it.

Now the earth may or may not have had a slight decline at that point but I was surprised nonetheless to look down and see 75mph indicated! I thought what a fine beast this is and let go of the tight twist I had put on the throttle.

It was the fastest commute on the tdub and it was really fun.
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Wow! Mine will only get up to 65mph, perhaps with a brisk tailwind and a slight downhill grade I could get up to 70mph?? That must have been fun!

You've got a friend in the Bracket Business! Hidden Content

Get your TW200 Parts at ProCycle! Hidden Content

Some days everything just "clicks". It's like a little private victory.

It's a great feeling, ain't it?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

" It just reached about 600 miles and I decided this was the right day to let it rip."

I like this sentence.

My T-dub hasn't seen a highway as of yet. Well, she only has a 100mi on her.
    -Bill

Kawi ZRX1200
    Yamaha TW Two Hundirt

Quote Originally Posted by billmags View Post
    " It just reached about 600 miles and I decided this was the right day to let it rip."

I like this sentence.

My T-dub hasn't seen a highway as of yet. Well, she only has a 100mi on her.

Being 265 and having broad shoulders 55 with no wind is a good day lol. I have to say that this little bike is great. I have a couple of vtwins for the highway cruising, but for around my small town and in thw woods the TW is the bike to have. I am trying to get my wife to learn to drive it. I think if she could get the hands and feet together she would enjoy it.

It was fun and funny. I wonder what the people in the cars thought as I flew by in a full tuck feet to the back and the screaming tdub under me. I don't plan on riding it like that very often but I made sense last night. I also have other rides that are better for the street but I am pretty content with my 20 miles to work and back on the Tdub. I fill up the tank and ride the week on $6.
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenmarklay View Post
    It was fun and funny. I wonder what the people in the cars thought as I flew by in a full tuck feet to the back and the screaming tdub under me. I don't plan on riding it like that very often but I made sense last night. I also have other rides that are better for the street but I am pretty content with my 20 miles to work and back on the Tdub. I fill up the tank and ride the week on $6.
    Have you found any other TW riders in Spokane Stephen? I probably walked right by you at the motorcycle show. It was pretty cold after the show on Sunday. I felt sorry for the riders leaving the show Sunday, thats why I went Friday.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

They are pretty amazing DS bikes......indeed!.

Quote Originally Posted by "lil" Tommy View Post
    Have you found any other TW riders in Spokane Stephen? I probably walked right by you at the motorcycle show. It was pretty cold after the show on Sunday. I felt sorry for the riders leaving the show Sunday, thats why I went Friday.

I bet you did. I was working the westside display (Ducati . We all had on blue BMW shirts.

Oh wait I was at the store in Friday and the Show part of Saturday and all Sunday. I have talked to several owners and even a member at the show. I am always up selling the Tdubs!

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links