TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

How was your ride today?

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  esw28 
#1 ·
Was a good ride,but didn't realize how cold a ride could get in the desert.

#2 ·
I didn't ride today because it was 31 degrees and snowing but I did ride yesterday when it was 56.

I went on the CB900 and had a pretty good time without doing anything crazy. I was a bad boy at one point though and hit 90 mph on a 45 mph backroad. Guy in front of me was going 35 which is boring as hell being stuck behind on a bike and when we get to the passing zone he starts to go faster - 40,45,50 and rising and I'm like oh you think you're gonna play the speed up in the passing zone game with me huh? I don't think so! I threw the bike into 3rd gear and zipped around his ass in a split second and ended up at 90 within seconds without even meaning to. Held it for a few seconds to prove a point for the duration of the passing zone and shifted back into 6th gear slowing waaaaaay down before I get busted.

Luckily the passing zone was about a mile and a half long with no driveways at all and nobody was in sight in the coming in the other direction - so I didn't do anything wrong in regards to risking hurting someone. Gotta have some fun when and where you can!

The CB never fails to disappoint...it can wind way up there when you need it to and it will also cruise 6th gear at 45 mph pulling about 2500 without a complaint. low end power kicks ass!

#6 ·
Guy in front of me was going 35 which is boring as hell being stuck behind on a bike and when we get to the passing zone he starts to go faster...........

I HATE when that happens. Inconsiderate SOB!

.................and ended up at 90 within seconds without even meaning to.

I was once on my Buell in the fast lane on the freeway. My exit was coming up and I saw a break in the traffic where I could cut across all 4 lanes and make my exit but I had to hurry. I gave it some gas, got to the opening, crossed the 4 lanes and into the exit lane I wanted and started to slow down. After slowing down a little I looked at the speedo and watched the needle sweep through the 100 mph mark. Scary part was it didn't feel that fast. I thought I was doing 75, 80 tops, I have never made that mistake on my TW.

#4 ·
It was great. 70 degrees in So. Cal.

Palos Verdes Drive East to Palos Verdes Drive South, stop at Trader Joes for some pizza dough and then on Palos Verdes Drive West to Palos Verdes Drive North and then home. Kids are stopping at home overnight on there way to Lake Havasu for Spring Break so we're having a pizza party tonight.

#5 ·
It was around 50° today and I took my new ride out for a 10 mile ride. Nearly killed myself when I gave the throttle a full twist! That is something I have never experienced on my TW. I will have to get my tw back together tomorrow so I can get a pick of the "boys" together.

#7 ·
Cold! Darn cold! It was about 27F when I left the house this morning on the TW, but sunny and no wind. I'm still rocking the winter riding apparatus (homemade wind screen, big ugly rubber covers over my handguards, balaclava and insulated deer skin gloves), so its only my legs going numb after ~1 mile. Good news: its only a ~3.5 mile ride to the office from home.

Expecting ~40F and sun this afternoon, and I've got a lot more time to ride after the work day's done!

#8 ·
well i took the Tdub into the city - great in traffic - I've been watching shane watts dirtwise - and had been practicing some of the advance fundametals as he calls them on my unreliable 2 smoke.

'grinding' is one of em - and I tell ya its real handy to be able to do when stuck in traffic! went between the front of a car and bus stuck in serious traffic - couldnt make the corner to go down the side - so it was front wheel up on the curb and 'ground' the entire length of the bus!! kinda impromtu... probably illegal - felt good!

#10 ·
I got the tw back together finally. I dont intend to take it apart again for a while! Winter is coming to an end and I needed to finish my little project so I need to finish dialing in my new carb and replace my 12v outlet so it's ready for another summer of trail riding. Here how it looks now

#11 ·
Looks good. We have the same color. Like the look of the exhaust. I have a lot of the mods you have on my list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.