How was your ride today?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Was a good ride,but didn't realize how cold a ride could get in the desert.

Quote Originally Posted by RisingSun View Post
    Was a good ride,but didn't realize how cold a ride could get in the desert.

I didn't ride today because it was 31 degrees and snowing but I did ride yesterday when it was 56.

I went on the CB900 and had a pretty good time without doing anything crazy. I was a bad boy at one point though and hit 90 mph on a 45 mph backroad. Guy in front of me was going 35 which is boring as hell being stuck behind on a bike and when we get to the passing zone he starts to go faster - 40,45,50 and rising and I'm like oh you think you're gonna play the speed up in the passing zone game with me huh? I don't think so! I threw the bike into 3rd gear and zipped around his ass in a split second and ended up at 90 within seconds without even meaning to. Held it for a few seconds to prove a point for the duration of the passing zone and shifted back into 6th gear slowing waaaaaay down before I get busted.

Luckily the passing zone was about a mile and a half long with no driveways at all and nobody was in sight in the coming in the other direction - so I didn't do anything wrong in regards to risking hurting someone. Gotta have some fun when and where you can!

The CB never fails to disappoint...it can wind way up there when you need it to and it will also cruise 6th gear at 45 mph pulling about 2500 without a complaint. low end power kicks ass!
    2008 CRF230L

2006 CBR1000RR

2007 CB919 - 70k Miles and still runs like new!

* 2001 TW200 (Sold after 15k miles of fun)

I remember a few years back riding home on the freeway with my then new triumph america cruising and I started passing cars. Hmmmmmmmmm I thought... When I looked down I was doing 90........... I then realized I was not on my dub any more. (o; OMM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

It was great. 70 degrees in So. Cal.

Palos Verdes Drive East to Palos Verdes Drive South, stop at Trader Joes for some pizza dough and then on Palos Verdes Drive West to Palos Verdes Drive North and then home. Kids are stopping at home overnight on there way to Lake Havasu for Spring Break so we're having a pizza party tonight.

It was around 50° today and I took my new ride out for a 10 mile ride. Nearly killed myself when I gave the throttle a full twist! That is something I have never experienced on my TW. I will have to get my tw back together tomorrow so I can get a pick of the "boys" together.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sol View Post
    Guy in front of me was going 35 which is boring as hell being stuck behind on a bike and when we get to the passing zone he starts to go faster...........

I HATE when that happens. Inconsiderate SOB!

.................and ended up at 90 within seconds without even meaning to.

I was once on my Buell in the fast lane on the freeway. My exit was coming up and I saw a break in the traffic where I could cut across all 4 lanes and make my exit but I had to hurry. I gave it some gas, got to the opening, crossed the 4 lanes and into the exit lane I wanted and started to slow down. After slowing down a little I looked at the speedo and watched the needle sweep through the 100 mph mark. Scary part was it didn't feel that fast. I thought I was doing 75, 80 tops, I have never made that mistake on my TW.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Cold! Darn cold! It was about 27F when I left the house this morning on the TW, but sunny and no wind. I'm still rocking the winter riding apparatus (homemade wind screen, big ugly rubber covers over my handguards, balaclava and insulated deer skin gloves), so its only my legs going numb after ~1 mile. Good news: its only a ~3.5 mile ride to the office from home.

Expecting ~40F and sun this afternoon, and I've got a lot more time to ride after the work day's done!
    --

1997 TW, well loved, a bit modified.

well i took the Tdub into the city - great in traffic - I've been watching shane watts dirtwise - and had been practicing some of the advance fundametals as he calls them on my unreliable 2 smoke.

'grinding' is one of em - and I tell ya its real handy to be able to do when stuck in traffic! went between the front of a car and bus stuck in serious traffic - couldnt make the corner to go down the side - so it was front wheel up on the curb and 'ground' the entire length of the bus!! kinda impromtu... probably illegal - felt good!
    2001 TW200 - supertrapp stubby exhaust

1996 CRM 250 - 2 smoker - FMF exhaust

1998 Honda CB600 Hornet - ( a.k.a Honda 599 ) - micron , ohlins rear - CB600F3 front forks..

rbm
    I didn't ride today because it was 31 degrees and snowing but I did ride yesterday when it was 56.

I went on the CB900 and had a pretty good time without doing anything crazy. I was a bad boy at one point though and hit 90 mph on a 45 mph backroad. Guy in front of me was going 35 which is boring as hell being stuck behind on a bike and when we get to the passing zone he starts to go faster - 40,45,50 and rising and I'm like oh you think you're gonna play the speed up in the passing zone game with me huh? I don't think so! I threw the bike into 3rd gear and zipped around his ass in a split second and ended up at 90 within seconds without even meaning to. Held it for a few seconds to prove a point for the duration of the passing zone and shifted back into 6th gear slowing waaaaaay down before I get busted.

Luckily the passing zone was about a mile and a half long with no driveways at all and nobody was in sight in the coming in the other direction - so I didn't do anything wrong in regards to risking hurting someone. Gotta have some fun when and where you can!

The CB never fails to disappoint...it can wind way up there when you need it to and it will also cruise 6th gear at 45 mph pulling about 2500 without a complaint. low end power kicks ass!

The CB will never let you down. I love mine... Are you on WristTwisters? If not, look us up, the biggest 919 population out there.

I got the tw back together finally. I dont intend to take it apart again for a while! Winter is coming to an end and I needed to finish my little project so I need to finish dialing in my new carb and replace my 12v outlet so it's ready for another summer of trail riding. Here how it looks now

'13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links