New member from Mid-Missouri
Close

Hi guys!

I found the forum while researching the mighty TW before buying.

We live in Central Missouri between Sedalia and Jefferson City, with lots of country roads to re-explore.

My wife encouraged this purchase as we both have street bikes, but she still feels intimidated by riding on the highway and thought a little practice with a smaller bike was in order, and the backroads would be a more "lonely" place to ride. We also like to go kayaking and don't always have someone else going with us, so we put a small bike in the trailer to get back to the put-in, and sometimes this takes gravel travel to accomplish.

Our last "shuttlecraft" was a 250 Ninja that we gave to my son for graduation, and after he sold it recently we were without one as our street bikes are too large for the trailer and no fun on gravel.

We are both loving the little bike, and my wife keeps bringing it home muddy. I think we are going to need another one though, so we both can ride together.

My usual bike is a Honda Shadow Aero 750, and my wife has a Yamaha V Star 650 Classic.

Welcome aboard.

You can't have just one. It's a rule.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    Welcome aboard.

You can't have just one. It's a rule.
    Just like Mosin Nagants!

I forgot to mention, we bought a nice "used" 2012 with 234 miles on it. An older gentleman bought it new, but had medical issues that disturbed his balance so he traded it in for a four wheeler two hours before we called the dealership looking for one. We were going to buy a new one, but this one was a substantial discount and came with hand guards and a Moose Racing rack, as well as a nice 3/16" skid plate.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome and nice bike!
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

T-dubs are like lays or jays potato chips... Ya just can't eat one..Welcome aboard. My wife and I have a dub each.. Just got back from a cool but fun ride. OMM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oli View Post
    Hi guys!

I found the forum while researching the mighty TW before buying.

We live in Central Missouri between Sedalia and Jefferson City, with lots of country roads to re-explore.

My wife encouraged this purchase as we both have street bikes, but she still feels intimidated by riding on the highway and thought a little practice with a smaller bike was in order, and the backroads would be a more "lonely" place to ride. We also like to go kayaking and don't always have someone else going with us, so we put a small bike in the trailer to get back to the put-in, and sometimes this takes gravel travel to accomplish.

Our last "shuttlecraft" was a 250 Ninja that we gave to my son for graduation, and after he sold it recently we were without one as our street bikes are too large for the trailer and no fun on gravel.

We are both loving the little bike, and my wife keeps bringing it home muddy. I think we are going to need another one though, so we both can ride together.

My usual bike is a Honda Shadow Aero 750, and my wife has a Yamaha V Star 650 Classic.

Welcome Oli, I live in the same area you do. My wife and I purchased tw 200,s last March and they have been a lot of fun. You sound kind of familiar. Ever work at a place called Aerosonics?

Quote Originally Posted by howardgene63 View Post
    Welcome Oli, I live in the same area you do. My wife and I purchased tw 200,s last March and they have been a lot of fun. You sound kind of familiar. Ever work at a place called Aerosonics?
    Yes, I did!

Sponosred Links