tw200 nooob(fng)
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Greetings friends.

I looked a while and finding the price of used tw's near the same as a new one; I put money down on a 2013 tw200 last week. The benefit as I see it is I will know exactly what the bike has been through.

This will be my first motorcycle.

I have several friends who ride, one of them a BRC instructor. Ive lurking here unregistered a bit, and based on what i've seen here, plan on keeping the bike till death.

The potential for excellent gas mileage, low center of gravity, simplicity of design, cult following, and ability to hit trails all contributed to my decision. Im sure a nearly new tw for 1/2 price with 4gal tank and racks installed within walking distance will show up after i've received my bike, but whatever. I look forward to learning from you guys here.

Quote Originally Posted by AQUATEENHUNGERFORCE View Post
    Greetings friends.

I looked a while and finding the price of used tw's near the same as a new one; I put money down on a 2013 tw200 last week. The benefit as I see it is I will know exactly what the bike has been through.

This will be my first motorcycle.

I have several friends who ride, one of them a BRC instructor. Ive lurking here unregistered a bit, and based on what i've seen here, plan on keeping the bike till death.

The potential for excellent gas mileage, low center of gravity, simplicity of design, cult following, and ability to hit trails all contributed to my decision. Im sure a nearly new tw for 1/2 price with 4gal tank and racks installed within walking distance will show up after i've received my bike, but whatever. I look forward to learning from you guys here.
    Welcome! Be warned I hope you have saved some money for Farkles. The bug will bite soon enough and there is no cure! When I still had T.V. Hunger Force made me laugh my arse off.

lock up the checkbook and welcome!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome ATHF,

Like you, I couldn't find a used TW priced low enough to roll the dice and so I bought a new one. I've never regretted it.

Enjoy!
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

Welcome come on in an stay awhile.

rbm
    Hello and welcome!

Welcome! Sounds like you're starting your motorcycling career off right.

New '13 here as well- no used ones within a reasonable distance turned me on.

I have two bikes and the TW is my eighth overall. I've learned to buy keepers now.

Enjoy!
    -Bill

Kawi ZRX1200
    Yamaha TW Two Hundirt

Ok. Just picked it up. Headed home from Yamaha of Memphis.

Id upload pix but dont know how on the android.

It was even less out the door than quoted on the phone!!!

Didn't get the 5 year extended warranty for 300.00 should i have ? I really want to mod it after the 1year warranty runs out and i imagine that dual sprocket setup, big gas tank etc would void the warranty.

Pretty happy right now. Be happier when i get it home n ride it!!

Oh. Tw fits snugly in the short bed of a Nissan frontier with toolbox

Welcome to the board!

I am saving up to purchase a TW this summer, and I live in Memphis. Riding alone is not nearly as fun- glad to learn of forum member in my town. I thought I saw a pickup truck loaded with a TW - on Mendenhall this afternoon. Was that you?

A.t.

If the truck was yellow, yes. I live in birmingham.

I know youre looking at used, but definitely check out the price on the TW at that store. Cheap. Like, same price new as people all over the country are asking for used.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links