The TW200, why is it so attractive?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hello, my name is Swamp, and I'm a newbie here, and hopefully by the end of the day I will be a newbie TW owner! You know, I've been riding dirt bikes for many, many years, and have seen TW's around, but never gave them a second glance! Well, that was until about a month ago when I decided that I'm going to get a bike to ride back and forth to work and cut my fuel bill by $400 a month!

I found a nice 2006 on Craigslist, went and looked at it, rode it, and made the guy an offer. I'm supposed to be picking it up today after work! YEAH!

Anyway, what is it about these bikes that makes them so attractive? These are the coolest bikes I've ever ridden, and I think they are so underrated by the rest of the bike community! I LOVE these bikes!

I've been bitten by the TW bug, and man am I excited!
    Swamp

2006 TW200

what and where are you driving for $400 month gas ? my tw will do 300 miles for $20.00 easy.
    2006 tw200

I drive a '08 Ford Explorer, and yes, my monthly gas bill is over $500 a month just on my vehicle alone, and when I add my wifes fuel bill, we are spending $650 a month just on gas driving to work and back, and running our kids around to their activities!! It's really been putting a damper on life let me tell you! I need the Explorer to haul my sons band equipment around, and to pull my trailer.

So, I'm buying a TW to commute with as much as possible to cut down on my fuel usage!

Nice '06 there by BTW!!!!
    Swamp

2006 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

i had a ford ranger 2wd 4cyl 5spd. got like 29 mpg. put a snugtop on it hall your stuff around and pull your trailer. super reliable. super efficient. gas is $4.99 gal on guam.

thanks btw lol
    2006 tw200

I see your in Guam? What are the fuel prices there, or what kinda mpg are you getting on yer TDub?
    Swamp

2006 TW200

my first tank riding around the block only was 70mpg. my second tank mixed riding is looking at about 90-100+ mpg right now. the way i measure it is by riding till it dies and then hit reserve and go to station fill it up to the bottom of the neck with about 1.35 gal gas. reserve is about .5 from what i gather. more then enough to make it to the station.
    2006 tw200

Mine hits reserve at 1.2 gallons.... About .6 left for reserve....OMM.

Like you, I had always looked at the TW's with my nose up... I have had many nice bikes in my day, how could the TW work for me??

Once you ride one, you are hooked! They are just so simple and fun!

My wife always laughs at me and says "You have two other motorcycles in the garage that we paid $7000 each for, yet you ride that little TW all the time.. What's wrong with you??"

Don't get me wrong, I love my nice bikes too, but honestly the tdub gets ridden the most...

You've got a friend in the Bracket Business! Hidden Content

Get your TW200 Parts at ProCycle! Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by mrbracket View Post
    My wife always laughs at me and says "You have two other motorcycles in the garage that we paid $7000 each for, yet you ride that little TW all the time.. What's wrong with you??"

Don't get me wrong, I love my nice bikes too, but honestly the tdub gets ridden the most...

I'm with you Bracket, probably 3 or 4 times out 5 I'll take the TW!

[/quote]

-----------

I ride on a daily basis and I always have a hard time to decide which of my 2 bike I should ride. My first bike is a TW200 (2010) and my second is a ....... oh, it's also a TW200 (2009)!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links