MotoTote
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MotoTote

Hello,

been mia during the winter months, and as it's getting warmer, im back... (im sure you missed me)

anyway, here is what i recently aquired off of craigs list.

I from previous discussions there has been lots of do's and dont's regarding this. and those would rather trailers... but Ive weighed out my requrements and this is what i ended up with.

The tapered tire trough is almost designed perfect for my 5.10 front and my duro rear.

photos are of trial fit. currently im taking the tiedown straps and replacing the hooks with rings that cant be detach on accident.

I see that you have the same winning Suburban/TW combo that I do, excellent taste in vehicles!

I like your hitch carrier much better than mine though, the side lugs on my stock rear tire rub in the trough of mine. I think a Duro would just sit on top.
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

Hey Retro,

Welcome back!

Looks like you scored a winner with that MotoTote.

-Nice long, and wide, ramp.

-High side walls on carrier rail.

-Lights.

-Like you said, a perfect fit for the Duro or other ATV tire.

Looks perfect for your TW! Plus you've got a large enough vehicle to handle this type of carrier.

Brian

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Boy o boy! Thats exactly what I'm looking for. I just noticed walmart started carrying the junkiest looking Hitch Haul that has 4 pieces of rectangle tube bolted together. I figured if I wanted one sturdy enough for my road trip I'd have to make one myself. This one however looks excellent. Maybe I'll be blessed and find one on craigslist.

If I put one of those on my Honda Element, front tires would probably come up off the ground...lol
    "SickPuppy76"
    Greg from Glenville

2014 TW200 rear Cyclerack with bag supports and Versapack saddlebags, upgraded foot pegs, Mad Dog seat cover
    2014 Nissan Pathfinder 4WD
    2005 Buick Rainier AWD
    2001 Bass Tracker Pro Team 185XT
    Old Town Trip10 Angler Kayak

Road report.

Worked great. couple of hundred miles driven, 10 or so on back dirt roads. few trails, once i thought the bike handle bar was going to smash thru the rear window when i hit a huge dip.

easy to self load and unload.

did notice that it was wiggling a tad on the return trip. stopped to see that the bolt that tightens the anti wobble feature had loosened up. Quick couple turns of the wrench and all good again.

JunglePlant or whatever they are called worked great.

i used a few 3m stick on wire mounts to hold the rack lights wires up... that failed. have now wire tied them.

Quote Originally Posted by SickPuppy76 View Post
    If I put one of those on my Honda Element, front tires would probably come up off the ground...lol
    youre prob right. on my 3/4 ton burb, the front end got noticeably lighter. which is almost a good thing, as with the keys lift i have, the front end was was very hard and rough to drive. the bike on the back almost made it feel like a 1/2 ton with no lift and very pleasant to ride in. would like to keep the bike back there all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrofit View Post
    Road report.

Worked great. couple of hundred miles driven, 10 or so on back dirt roads. few trails, once i thought the bike handle bar was going to smash thru the rear window when i hit a huge dip.

easy to self load and unload.

JunglePlant or whatever they are called worked great.

did notice that it was wiggling a tad on the return trip. stopped to see that the bolt that tightens the anti wobble feature had loosened up. Quick couple turns of the wrench and all good again.

i used a few 3m stick on wire mounts to hold the rack lights wires up... that failed. have now wire tied them.

Hey thats great, they are called TieDowns, made by manracks, keep up the fun time, mike

Quote Originally Posted by jungleplant View Post
    Hey thats great, they are called TieDowns, made by manracks, keep up the fun time, mike
    yep... thats them... worked well and made self loading tiedown a snap.

Is that the MTX Sport or M3 version?
    '95 TW200G - TCI skid, ProTaper bars, amber Jimbo, DMO pegs, IRC GP-1, DG-O w/TTR230 header, Brisk BR12ZC, ProCycle jet kit, K&N filter, DID x-ring, TCI Sequoia rack, storage tube, JNS light

'04 Buell XB12S Lightning - Drummer exhaust, race ECM, K&N, open airbox, RC right side scoop, Corbin seat, fender eliminator Michelin Pilot Power 2CT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links