Why real dirt bike boots prevent face scars
Close

Last edited by littletommy; 07-28-2014 at 02:37 PM.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by "lil" Tommy View Post

I enjoyed the article.

I had nearly the same experience, riding in familiar territory but forgetting which bike I was riding. Just a nice, easy test ride of a bike that I was about to give Purple. Things were going so well I just decided to continue on and do my favorite 60 mile loop... In fact I had done the same exact run (and gone through the exact same rut where this happened) the day before on one of my 650's. Pair of cheap hiking boots from Big 5 seemed sorta adequate and I really didn't feel like going back to the house for my boots. Seriously, what could go wrong?

I passed through a rut carved out by a four-wheeler's tires on a steep downhill section. The much lower footpegs of the TW caught both sides of the rut. The bike came to a near complete halt, my left foot slipped forward off the peg. The peg then caught my heel, holding it down as I fell forward off the left side of the bike.

So, at nearly ZERO mph my own bodyweight literally broke my foot in half.

5 broken metatarsals, one toe shattered, spiral fractures in two others. Longest 30 miles of dirt home that I ever rode.

When they cut my boot off, two sets of toes were crossed.

ATTGATT.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yeeeouch!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Just sayin'. I knew better, and just like this guy I did it anyway. And a dangedsure wasn't in a race. I was barely moving. We all do it from time-to-time but if you let it become a habit to the point where you don't feel scary naked without all your gear it'll bite ya.

This stuff can happen at any time. I figger I led a charmed life for the first 40 years of riding. This one event served to remind me of what it's gunna take if I wanna be around for the next 40. lol.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

If he had just been wearing his helmet going down the steps.

Sponosred Links